HR Systems Analyst
Posting DetailsPosting Information Vacancy Type EHRA Non-Faculty Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title HR Systems Analyst Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with qualifications Position Number 00050065 Work Schedule Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm with some flexibility; additional hours as needed Full Time Equivalent (FTE) 1.0 Department 515001 - Enterprise Application Svcs Department Enterprise Application Svcs Job City & State Raleigh, NC Primary Function of Organizational Unit
Enterprise Application Services (EAS), a unit in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), is responsible for the design, implementation, operation, enhancement & maintenance of the University’s enterprise business applications. This includes: development, operation, maintenance and support of all enterprise administrative systems (Advancement, Business Intelligence, Financials, HR, Identity Management, Imaging, Non-Credit Education, Portal, Research Administration and Student Information Systems, etc.), configuration management, database administration, maintenance, enhancements, and application integration.Essential Job Duties
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and support the University Enterprise Human Resources System, with a focus on Core HR, Position Management, custom modules for hiring, onboarding, requesting job changes, and interfaces to other systems . This position is responsible for working with the IT Manager, Project Lead, Team Members, and Functional Offices in order to implement advanced and highly complex software solutions with minimal supervision. This position will be proficient in both functional business process understanding and advanced technical solutions. This position provides functional production support, design and system configuration for enhancements and new applications, performs system testing, writes and maintains specifications and documentation.Other Work/Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree with nine credit hours in programming and two years of experience in Business Applications Consulting or Analyst position; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Departmental Required Skills
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Strong analytical skills with methodical attention to detail.
- Expertise in both functional business process understanding and advanced technical solutions.
- Strong judgment, leadership, and diplomacy skills to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, campus representatives, customers, and management.
- Strong communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate the capacity to understand the operations of the university, the unit and business processes.
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC), including but not limited to application analysis, development, testing, documentation, approval and post migration validation.
- Expertise in working with stakeholders to document requirements and create precise specifications for modifications to meet the requirements.
- Expertise in testing methodologies and test script creation to ensure quality assurance.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently identify and solve technical problems that can impact a large number of customers.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Systems analyst experience with PeopleSoft HCM is preferred. The ideal candidate has experience with core HR and Position Management, and has worked with developers to design and build bolt-on modules and enhancements for PeopleSoft HCM.
- Experience or training in SQL.
- Expertise in PeopleSoft HCM Application functionality and knowledge of the configuration, technical components and data structures of the application.
- Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM module capabilities and configuration.
- Experience with PeopleSoft PeopleTools, Security, and Query Manager are preferred.Required License or Certification
n/aSpecial Instructions Job Open Date 03/20/2019 Anticipated Closing Date Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No Proposed Hire Date 05/01/2019 AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References