Posting DetailsPosting Information Vacancy Type EHRA Non-Faculty Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Trainer Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range $56,000 -$57,500 Position Number 00101177 Work Schedule Varies Full Time Equivalent (FTE) 1.00 Department 166101 - Ctr Fam & Community Engagement Department Center for Family and Community Engagement Job City & State Raleigh, NC Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The Center for Family and Community Engagement is a public service and research center at North Carolina State University. The center fosters family-community-academic partnerships that are relevant and responsive to families and communities. The center builds these partnerships by supporting community engagement, offering training and technical assistance, and providing evaluation and research. The center works with interdisciplinary partners on the local, national, and global levels to improve family and community health and well-being. The website for the CFFACE is http://www.cfface.org/.Essential Job Duties
The Trainer provides in person and online instruction and training to counties in initiation,
implementation, and refinement of family-centered practice.
This position requires extensive travel across all of North Carolina and the duty station will be located in applicant’s home.Other Work/Responsibilities
• Develop training curricula and materials for in-person and online delivery
• Provide training (in-person and online) to counties in initiation, implementation, and refinement of family-centered practice;
• Infuse the perspectives of agency, families, and youth into the project’s work;
• Support family and community input into project materials through research, evaluation, outreach, and partnership efforts;
• Participate in the development of evaluation efforts, collect evaluative data, and assist in its interpretation and dissemination;
• Provide liaison between the project and other groups and develop partnerships;
• Report on project activities and outcomes;
• Create and conduct staff development;
• Build positive and productive co-training relationships;
• Contribute to collegial relations among the project team ; and
• Other tasks as needed.
Relevant Master’s degree; or a Bachelor’s degree or equivalency plus at least three years of professional experience delivering training, presentations, and/or class instruction experience OR extensive experience within an area of family centered practice.Departmental Required Skills
Ability to work independently and efficiently from a remote location (i.e. home).
Strong communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to individuals on different levels of understanding.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Experience working with youth in foster or substitute care.
Experience providing or working with families through Family Preservation Services
Experience providing or working with families through In Home Family Services
Experience working with youth, children, and families served by child welfare, mental health, courts, schools, etc.
Professional Training Certification
Master Degree or equivalency in a relevant field (i.e. Social Work, Family and Consumer Sciences, Communications, Psychology, Criminal Justice).
Experience providing formal training or teaching in various formats (i.e. in person, online, etc.)Required License or Certification
A valid driver’s license is required for the position and must be maintained as a condition of employment.Special Instructions
Applicants must be prepared to deliver a short training sample to an interview panel.
Please attach a cover letter, resume, a short writing sample of how you have participated in the development of presentations or curriculum, and a separate document containing contact information for references.Job Open Date 09/06/2018 Anticipated Closing Date Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No Proposed Hire Date AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Other Online Job Board (Identify job board in question #2 below)
- Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Other)
- Carolina Job Finder/Employment Guide
- NC Works
- Dress for Success
- Job Fair (Identify job fair in question #2 below)
- Technical/Trade School Program (Identify program in question #2 below)
- Direct contact from NCSU Representative (Identify person in question #2 below)
- NCSU employee referral
- Other (Identify in question #2 below)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you developed in person or online curriculum materials?
- * Have you developed a full course?
- * Have you provided training to child welfare audiences?
- * Have you been a part of statewide or national presentations?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References
- Short Writing Sample