Working Title:Associate Director Department:Institutional Research Division:Academic Affairs Campus:Oxford Posting Date:03/20/2019 Job Category:Staff Position Group:Unclassified Job Description Summary:
JOB ID: 6944
The Associate Director works with individuals and offices across the University in various capacities to support data management and analysis and internal and external reporting and to develop a reliable and effective data environment for decision support. Represents the Office on various University and external committees. This position supervises Office of Institutional Research (OIR) staff.Duties/Physical Demands:
- Carry out mandatory and ad hoc external reporting such as, but not limited to, IPEDS, HEI, and HLC and responses to various external surveys (e.g., US News).
- Work with OIR data analysts to create and update routine reports (e.g., Fact Book), respond to ad hoc requests from across the University, and assist with the interpretation and implications of the information provided. Continue to broaden collaboration in reporting and analytics across University offices and campuses.
- Work collaboratively with various individuals and offices to continue to refine the University’s data visualization/business intelligence capabilities.
- Monitor data integrity; develop and deliver training for users of reports and analytics; work collaboratively to develop, update, and enforce data standards, definitions, and reporting practices; support institutional data literacy across the University.
- Directly supervise staff members and student employees.
- Represent the Office on various University and external committees.
- Provide leadership for the Office in the absence of the Assistant Provost.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of five years' experience in a university office of institutional research or similar office. Experience may be gained during completion of graduate program
- Experience with reporting and analysis in a university ERP environment using business intelligence tools
- Ability to gather user requirements and design specifications for reporting needs
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), including the ability to manage multiple tasks, to function independently, and to work with a variety of constituencies
- Demonstrated experience with data query/visualization/business intelligence tools
- Experience in converting university data into formats useful to institutional leaders
- Experience with supervision of unclassified staff
Position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.Preferred Qualifications:
Minimum of five years professional experience with any of the following: working in an Elucian Banner environment, working with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), working with Tableau, or demonstrated familiarity with the Ohio Higher Education Information (HEI) System.Hours Per Week/Percent Time:100% Duration:12 Months Temporary:No Benefit Eligible:Yes Date to Begin Screening:04/05/2019 Required Documents:Cover Letter, List of Three References, Resume Special Instructions to Applicant:Direct inquiries to William Knight at [email protected] Application Types Accepted:Unclassified Criminal Background Check Required:Yes