Senior Associate Director of Alumni & Donor Relations
Senior Associate Director of Alumni & Donor Relations Job no: 498332
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: University Advancement
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Mar 20 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Senior Associate Director of Alumni & Donor Relations will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement strategies, events and programs to engage our entire alumni population, including all graduate and undergraduate alumni, in the life of the University. S/he will collaborate with various constituencies (including students, administrators, faculty, vendors, etc.) to ensure that the needs of alumni are met. Responsibilities will include managing and working with alumni volunteer committees as well as developing, planning and executing alumni programs and events, around the region and across the world.
- Regional Program
- Oversee the Regional Alumni Network program including management of key territories, as well as implement new engagement initiatives and metrics-tracking strategies.
- Events- Organize regional events including, but not limited to events around specific school/college programs, Division I Athletics and our comprehensive campaign objectives.
- Oversee calendar of regional travel by university colleagues to help implement a Road Scholar program.
- Volunteer Management- Research and incorporate new and innovative ways to assist alumni volunteers in their efforts to help create an alumni community all around the world.
- Development Collaboration- Work with the Development team to assess proper and effective alumni engagement efforts that correlate with their regional zone activity.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Experience working in higher education, including events, sponsorship, alumni relations with volunteer management experience preferred
- UMass Lowell alumnus/a preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application.