Coordinator of Student Development for the College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Coordinator of Student Development for the College of Nursing and Health SciencesAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
College Of NursingProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
StaffJob DescriptionJob Description
The Coordinator of Student Development will administer or oversee all functions of the student experience at the College of Nursing and Health Sciences; including academic advising, recruitment, orientation, admission, progression, academic support services, academic/career planning, graduation, nursing student organizations, student-centered events and college scholarships.Responsibilities:
- Advise students and faculty concerning academic policies, degree requirements, and procedures through oral and written communications. Interact with faculty in interpreting and applying academic policy. When appropriate, recommend modifications to academic policies and procedures to the Associate Dean of Academic Programs.
- Instruct and counsel students, faculty, and staff on registration and enrollment policies, academic difficulties, and accommodations for disabilities. Maintain contact with students on leave.
- Facilitate discussions, initiatives and College activities that enhance student life, development and build community. Coordinate and initiate programs that enhance student academic and professional development, increase retention, and respond to student needs.
- Monitor and advise the activities of student organizations, including supervising and administration of fundraising activities, planning for special programs. Ensure compliance with University regulations and ensure continuity from year to year. May assist with coordination of student assignments on committees.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans in cases of student emergencies. Ensure plans are consistent and compliant with other university initiatives.
- Oversee the ongoing evolution, implementation and maintenance of integrated computerized student record systems and technological resource in all functional areas.
- Plan and execute student orientations and assist with other college events when needed.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement career-related services to students, alumni and employers in collaboration with other campus units.
- Provide needed information and data used in the preparation of annual reports, accreditation reports and other related surveys.
- Master's degree.
- Five years experience to include three years academic or student related experience.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills for working within the College, across the university, and with the public.
- Excellent and relevant computer skills: database design and management, statistical reports, word processing, spreadsheets, and web applications. Ability to identify uses of new technologies to enhance process efficiencies.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures relevant to student services; knowledge of computer software including Banner, Argos and Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience and ability, including coaching skills and managing performance.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Coordinator-of-Student-Development-for-the-College-of-Nursing-and-Health-Sciences_R-017951-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency