Posting Number: SRGV3821
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Student Service Centers
Scope of Job:
To provide advanced front line customer service to students regarding all Enrollment Services, including but not limited to admissions, registration, and financial aid. Responsible for assisting students in successfully completing complex enrollment services transactions and providing specific counseling to students regarding the implications and potential consequences of these transactions.
Description of Duties:
• Provides advanced one-stop advice to students with regards to admissions, enrollment and financial aid to prospective and current students using the best customer service practices.
• Provides standard supports to student including, support with the submission of forms for completeness as well as researching complex student inquiries.
• Acts as subject matter expert for complex inquiries and supports other staff within the area.
• May conduct staff trainings as needed.
• Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and other stakeholders.
• Ensures students are aware of all crucial information, such as deadlines and other deliverables.
• Advises students concerning disbursement policies and procedures.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of regulations, eligibility, and documentation requirements concerning financial aid, admissions, and registration and how to research updates and other applicable guidance.
• Advises students regarding specific financial aid options and the availability of other supporting programs and refers the students to the respective subject matter expert for in detail counseling.
• Provides detailed knowledge in the completion of Enrollment Services applications including but not limited to Financial Aid, Scholarship, and Admissions applications.
• Maintains up-to-date and detailed knowledge of regulations, policies and procedure regarding
o Admissions: application process, application completion, orientation, and deadlines;
o Financial Aid: financial aid process, program eligibility requirements, and the financial aid process;
o Registration: registration process, policies, and deadlines
o Billing: billing process, policies, and deadlines
• Serves as a contact person for assigned student cases and provides support for other junior level staff member in their cases.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University. Related work experience can be substituted for education on a 2-for-1 basis.
Two (2) years of experience within Enrollment Services, i.e. Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions, Recruiting, or other related field.
Use of standard office equipment.
Requires strong customer service and communication skills. Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Good, standard office environment.
Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as excellent organizational and public speaking skills. Ability to respond effectively in a variety of situations, multi-task, and to interact effectively with diverse and multi-cultural audiences. Must work effectively in team situations and be detail oriented. Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends may be required.
The guiding principles of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley place the highest priority on student success. As such, the Office of Student Enrollment is organized to be student-centered and keenly focused on student success. The Student Services Center will work closely with other Enrollment Services functional areas to meet student needs.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/20/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20707
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency