Commercial and Student Finance Analyst INTO Hofstra University
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize universities in the US, UK and Asia. Universities in the US include: Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, Drew University, George Mason University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University, Suffolk University, Illinois State University and Hofstra University.
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
The Commercial and Student Finance Analyst reports directly to the INTO Hofstra University Center Executive Director.
INTO Hofstra is a partnership between Hofstra University and INTO University Partnerships and is an initiative to increase the number of international students at Hofstra and to assist the university in meeting its internationalization goals.
The role will prepare and maintain financial and budgeting processes that enhance center accounts, provide relevant financial information to key stakeholders, manage and maintain the student finance records. The successful candidate will be expected to be highly proficient in all aspects of business operations and contribute to the efficiency and profitability of the Center.
This is a new position in the growing and dynamic INTO Hofstra University Center. Duties and scope may change as the center and this role evolves from the start-up phase to continuous operations. We expect the candidate to help build the organization with a focus on achieving operational excellence.
Key accountabilities and duties
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
• Lead the Center’s financial functions and oversee the daily operations of the finance department.
• Manage and maintain the operations of student billing and cash receipts.
• Compile annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts.
• Prepare monthly and annual financial statements, which include analysis of monthly operating results against budget and review with management.
• Manage and forecast cash flows.
• Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with the university financial personnel, including regular review of INTO Hofstra financials.
• Prepare presentations as required for the INTO Hofstra Board and other key stakeholders.
• Provide support to the INTO Hofstra Executive Director and business partners, as needed.
• Assist with annual review of prices and Terms and Conditions.
• Contribute to and actively participate in overall INTO Global Finance Team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance
• Experience working with accounting/operational software packages
• Knowledge of best accounting practices
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and, when necessary, with minimal supervision
• Competent IT and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with particular emphasis on Excel
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to use discretion and good judgment
• Desire and ability to engage with students and staff from across the globe
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• MBA or CPA qualifications preferred
• Experience in a start-up environment
• Knowledge of SalesForce and/or Financial Force
• Experience working in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
• Experience working with international students
Application Instructions: Please submit the following in Word or PDF format:
1. Cover letter 2. Resume 3. Contact information for three professional references
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Commercial and Student Finance Analyst INTO Hofstra University
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly