Title:Groundskeeper (Waycross) Department:Physical Plant Administration Job Category:Staff Regular/Temporary:Regular Salary:$10.03 p/h Open Date:03/20/2019 Description:
- Sets up and takes down bleachers, floating chairs, and other furniture and equipment for student registrations, meetings, and other events.
- Cleans and blows off sidewalks, gutters, and steps; spreads sand and cinders on icy walks and steps.
- Rakes and loads grass and brush; mows lawns and cleans grounds; waters plants and assists in the care of shrubs, flowers and grass.
- Cleans Fleet and may assist in performing maintenance tasks.
- Makes sure trash is picked up around campus.
- Moves furniture and equipment and performs related custodial work.
- Performs related work as required with building maintenance, grounds and custodians.
- Services equipment, tools, and other related grounds equipment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Ability to exhibit a positive attitude and to deal with coworkers, students, faculty and staff tactfully and courteously in order to maintain effective service-oriented relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and wet conditions.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, tools, and equipment employed in the maintenance and care of grounds.
Reports to Grounds Supervisor.
Guidelines include college policies and procedures, department policies and Board of Regents policy and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position
- Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all department operations
- Contacts are typically with students, co-workers, other college personnel and members of the general public
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is performed while sitting on a mower, standing, stooping, bending, or crouching
- The employee occasionally lifts heavy objects
- The work is typically performed outside
- The Functional Capacity Requirement Form for this position outlines the physical job requirements (attached)
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- Strict regulations and responsibilities related to department systems and applications contribute to the complexity of the position
- Valid Driver’s License
- GED or High School Diploma
- Previous experience working in the field of Landscaping
- 2 years’ experience