Title:IT Helpdesk Department:Information Technology Job Category:Staff Regular/Temporary:Regular Salary:$15.00 p/h Open Date:03/20/2019 Description:
- Serve as an initial contact for all internal and external technical support including computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, website, mobile app, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems.
- Assist technology staff with all administrative tasks, to include: billing, organizing, researching, scanning, processing returns, ordering equipment, scheduling, estimating, shipping, and other office tasks.
- Maintain vendor relationships and inventory, licenses, and contracts.
- Help manage internal Help Desk Ticketing systems
- Provide login support for all users at 4 locations
- Update and manage the Information Technology website
- Support clients using remote technical support via phone or LANDesk
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make suggestions accordingly
- Work on and manage multifaceted projects
- Assists in activities related to the annual technology refresh cycle to include researching, recommending, specifying, and scheduling PC, laptop, printer, and other peripheral replacements
- Communication with faculty/staff and students, as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes.
- Other duties as assign
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Experience with Office 365 and Office application
- A self-starter, have strong attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to exhibit a positive attitude and to deal with coworkers, students, faculty and staff tactfully and courteously in order to maintain effective service-oriented relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions
Guidelines include college policies and procedures, department policies and Board of Regents policy and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied administrative duties and coordination of primary functional areas. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position
- Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all department operations
- Contacts are typically with students, co-workers, other college personnel and members of the general public
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table, or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching
- The employee occasionally lifts light objects
- The work is typically performed in an office setting
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- The work consists of varied administrative and supervisory duties and coordination of primary functional areas
- Strict regulations and responsibilities related to department systems and applications contribute to the complexity of the position
- The completion of an Associate’s Degree in a related field
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to develop an effective, collaborative working relationship with a variety of representative groups with potentially dissimilar priorities.
- The completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.