Coordinator of Enterprise Applications
Title:Coordinator of Enterprise Applications Department:Information Technology Job Category:Staff Regular/Temporary:Regular Salary:$52,000 annually Open Date:03/20/2019 Description:
- Support Banner Admin and SSB modules, work with USG’s ITS to resolve issues and upgrade SGSC’s Banner system as needed, serve as primary security administrator for Banner, serve as secondary security administrator for PeopleSoft, serve as primary administrator of TouchNet for application support.
- Consult with all stakeholders to identify their needs and build and maintain applications and solutions that will support client needs and priorities, improve business processes, meet targeted project business and performance criteria, and support critical business strategies.
- Provide direction for Banner Document Management Suite (BMDS), Desire 2 Learn (D2L), Nebraska (Bookstore), Blackboard, system data collection reports, and any applications that serve the SGSC campuses.
- Advise other departments on production software issues, concerns, problems, and questions.
- Evaluate programming techniques and training needs and then select and implement training as required.
- Stays up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies in order to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
- Promotes innovative technological operational systems and solutions, aligning them with the institution’s core mission
- Travel to support multiple campuses / sites and to attend conferences for extensive training as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
- Ability to exhibit a positive attitude and to deal with coworkers, students, faculty and staff tactfully and courteously in order to maintain effective service-oriented relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions
The Coordinator of Enterprise Applications manages enterprise applications staff.
Guidelines include college policies and procedures, department policies and Board of Regents policy and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied administrative duties and coordination of primary functional areas. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position
- Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all department operations
- Contacts are typically with students, co-workers, other college personnel and members of the general public
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table, or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts light objects
- The work is typically performed in an office setting
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- This position will supervise members of the Information Technology Enterprise Applications team, including the System Analysts and Instructional Technology Specialists.
- Strict regulations and responsibilities related to department systems and applications contribute to the complexity of the position
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field)
- Ability to review and modify business processes to meet the ever changing needs of a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to develop an effective, collaborative working relationship with a variety of representative groups with potentially dissimilar priorities.
- Master’s Degree (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field)