Geography - Part-Time Faculty Pool
Social Science & Human Services-Geography
Information regarding department programs & majors:
https://www.parkland.edu/Main/Academics/Departments/Social-Sciences-Human-Services Applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application.
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Copy of official transcripts from the institution where you received your highest degree. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
- Provides classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college.
- Performs professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college.
- Informs students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepares a course syllabus for each course and distributes it early in each term.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintains regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provides assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate scholastic records of students; submits required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Master's degree is required to teach transfer courses. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
- Must pass a criminal background check with fingerprinting.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.