Vice Chair of Experiential Education
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
JOB TITLE: Vice Chair of Experiential Education
SUPERVISOR: Chair of Experiential Education Department
Experience: At least 5 years of academic experience, Associate Professor ranking
FTE: 1.0 FTE, full time, exempt
Obligations of the Department Vice Chair The information provided below is a general description of the Department Vice Chair’s responsibilities; it is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of responsibilities.
Hours: The Department Vice Chair must be a full-time exempt employee. The Vice Chair will also hold a faculty appointment in the academic department for which he or she serves as Chair.
Teaching Load: The Vice Chair will be expected to contribute to the teaching load of the Department in which he/she holds an appointment. The amount of teaching will be negotiated annually with the Dean.
Responsibilities: The Department Vice Chair will report directly to the Department Chair and will assist the Department Chair with following administrative responsibilities:
1. Administrative oversight of departmental teaching, research, and service.
2. Faculty recruitment, retention, and individual development.
3. Managing and evaluating department faculty and staff; conduct annual reviews of all department faculty teaching, research, service and clinical practice.
4. Administer mentorship program to junior faculty within the department.
5. Curriculum development and teaching.
6. Continuing pursuit of scholarly activities.
7. Developing and maintaining an active research program.
8. Collaborate with programmatic assessment and participate in all accreditation and regulatory processes.
9. Manages department budget.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to legal requirements and medical guidelines, including all relevant state and federal law.
- Serves as a role model in adhering to policies and procedures as outlines in the CNU Employee Handbook.
- Provides coaching to faculty as needed and leads by example.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor to promote a positive image of the College, a professional example to faculty, and instill community trust.
- Terminal degree (PharmD, plus residency/fellowship)
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary environment
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Abilities to lead collaborative inter-organizational programs
- Knowledge about design of adult learning and active learning educational experiences
- Commitment to professional excellence and innovation in pharmaceutical education
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For full consideration, candidates should provide curriculum vitae with at least three references. All candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, articulating how their knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared them to function in support of California Northstate University's vision and mission statements.
Please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of references, and any additional information to the HR Department. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled.
California Northstate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. For inquiries, please contact us by email or telephone: (916) 686-7400.