Religion and Medicine Lecturer
University of California, Los Angeles
Recruitment Period Open March 15th, 2019 through March 29th, 2019 Description
The Interdepartmental Program in the Study of Religion at the University of California, Los Angeles is seeking a part-time Lecturer to teach one course on the Spirit of Medicine during the Spring 2019 academic quarter. This course examines the relationship between medicine, religion, and society; how religion is help or hindrance to health; and what health care might look like beyond biomedical clinic.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge on historical entwinement of religion, medicine, and society in Western antiquity to early modern period, the disentanglement in Enlightenment to early 20th century, and convergence of science, technology, and capitalism in biomedicine compartmentalized from religion today. Applicants must hold a PhD in Religious Studies or related fields, and should have a demonstrable excellence in teaching.
Applicants should apply online via UCLA Academic Recruit. This position requires submission of a CV, and contact information for a minimum of two individuals who may be contacted for a letter of recommendation.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action Policy -
We want you to be aware that effective April 22, 2013 UCLA is a tobacco-free environment. For more information,http://www.adminpolicies.ucla.edu/app/default.aspx?&id=810
please view the policy at: http://www.adminpolicies.ucla.edu/app/default.aspx?&id=810
Requirements Document requirements
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate's past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
How to apply
To apply, please visit: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF04431
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy, https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information