General Administrative Coordinator
General Administrative Coordinator
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
General Administrative Coordinator - Auxiliary Business Services
The General Administration Coordinator will serve as a liaison between core educational activities and the services/programs/partners which support them. The coordinator provides administrative support to the VP of Auxiliary Services, VP of Corporate Partnerships and their prospective team members as needed. S/he coordinates meetings, collects, develops and delivers supporting materials in a timely manner, drafting of correspondence, plan for and manage logistics of events hosted by the VP's, draft correspondence for the VP's, monitor the office budget, arrange the VP's travel and settle the VP's work expenses. The incumbent will act as the liaison from the VP's offices to the Business Service Center on all business transaction matters to include but not limited to Procard reconciliation, contracts, purchase orders, invoices, office supplies, etc. This person will also interface with senior leaders from throughout the University and will assist in coordinating and managing these relationships with the VP's. May also support data entry and processing of financial records for the offices. Duties include but are not limited to:
- With input from the VP's make decisions and plan the schedule of the VP's so that their time is spent as appropriately and efficiently as possible. Provide the VP's with the logistics of the schedule and any appropriate briefings. Confirm meetings and send reminders to participants ahead of time.
- Prepare documents (to include making copies, PDF's, etc.) as required for the VP's and other reporting staff. Ex: meeting preparation, project updates etc.
- Monitor the budgets and P-Cards of the VP's. Work with the Financial Affairs Service Center to ensure that all documents for the Auxiliary and Strategic Partnerships Offices are processed timely (reimbursements, requisitions, contracts, etc.).
- Arrange all logistical details for the VP's hosted events such as request for proposals, vendor presentations, internal meetings and Staff/AAP Community Forums.
- Make all advance planning arrangements for the VP's travel, such as air and ground travel, passport, and hotel accommodations.
- Support data entry for reporting when necessary, monthly reconciliation processes and contract reviews.
- Support/monitor payroll processing, vacation requests.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years relevant work experience required
- 5 years relevant work experience preferred
- Strong organizational and office computer skills
- Position must maintain confidentiality, handle sensitive issues, and be proficient in Google related IT tools, telecom administration, HR workflows, purchase order management, booking travel, work order submission and management, scheduling, supporting, and managing meetings
- Microsoft Office application proficiency and strong PC skills
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/General-Administrative-Coordinator_JR06130
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency