RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II
Posting Number: SRGV3817
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Molecular Science
Scope of Job:
Under the general supervision and with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment, performs moderately complex specialized research projects. May supervise the work of others.
Description of Duties:
• Conducts, monitors, and analyzes research projects and data.
• Uses statistical methods for the relational databases to analyze data sets.
• Prepares reports of research findings.
• Conducts data-gathering interviews/tests.
• Authors or edits technical reports and summaries of findings.
• Assists with planning, developing, coordinating, and administering research projects.
• Assists with formulating research objectives, programs, and priorities.
• May assist in designing and creating computer programs for research applications.
• May train users on the operation and data management of research equipment.
• Operates and maintains equipment and automated systems.
• Complies with all State and University policies.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
May carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s and project objectives, policies while supervising student employees.
Master’s degree from an accredited University in an applicable discipline.
• No experience with a Master’s degree from an accredited University in an applicable discipline, or
• Three (3) years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in an applicable discipline.
Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods and their application to research analysis, of measurement, testing, and evaluation, and of research methods, principles, techniques, and philosophies. Skilled in conducting qualitative and quantitative research and in using computers, software, and statistical tools and programs. Ability to plan, organize, and oversee research projects, evaluate research data, ensure the development of measuring instruments with respect to reliability, relevance, and validity, interpret and publish research findings, and communicate effectively. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public. This position is designed for full-time employees. May work some evenings and/or weekends.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/22/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20675
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency