Central Parking and NOVACard Manager
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Central Parking and NOVACard Manager Department VP Admin Posting Number 03116P Location Fairfax, VA: 22030 Full or Part Time Full Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range $53,000 - $63,000 Position Summary Information Basic Function
This position oversees the planning and coordination of the Central Parking and NOVACard department. This position is responsible for the oversight of central functions including but not limited to financial processing/analysis, budget review, equipment operations, systems management, customer service (appeals processing), and general campus support. The position works very closely with the Parking and NOVACard Director to maximize the effective use of people, dollars, and equipment within the Parking and NOVACard departments.Duties and Responsibilities
• Performance management of Central College Parking and NOVACard staff to carry out the mission of the unit
• Management of the activities of Parking and NOVACard Finance department to ensure compliance with financial procedure and policy development, audit review and support.
• Interact with Director of Parking & Transportation, college leadership, and VP divisional staff as appropriate and work closely with Campus representatives as well.
• Carry out additional responsibilities and special assignments as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Previous Experience in a position involving the coordination and oversight of operations that included extensive public contact and funds management
Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Strong technical experience or background • Experience working in a College or University parking or transportation department. • Knowledge or experience upholding Virginia or VCCS policies, rules, and regulations for administrative and financial functions.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Working knowledge of college parking programs, business processes and general accounting principles, supervisory and management skills, excellent communication skills both written and orally, ability to handle complex issues, financial management skills, proficiency with computers and office-related systemsOperation of a State Vehicle Occasional Posting Detail Information Open Date 03/19/2019 Close Date 04/02/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of training, experience and education?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license and a good driving record?
- * Do you have previous experience in a position involving the coordination and oversight of operations that included extensive public contact and funds management?
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered whendetermining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application