Business Office Fiscal Technician
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Business Office Fiscal Technician Department Business Services Posting Number 03115P Location Annandale, VA: 22003 Full or Part Time Full Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range $37,000 - $42,000 Position Summary Information Basic Function
Responsible for the efficient and courteous operation of all student financial related processes. Assist in the collection, receipting, coding, and depositing of all funds; accounts receivables, maintenance of accurate records, ensuring compliance with published policies and generally accepted accounting principles.Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties of this position are:
• Receiving and posting student payments in SIS
• Answering customer service questions on the phone and in person related to student accounts
• Receiving and processing other payments through Cashnet System
• Associate degree in business, accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Accounts receivable and/or cash handling experience.
• Customer service experience
• Experience with computers and computerized cashiering systems.
• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
• Bookkeeping experience
• Cash handling experience
• Experience in Higher Education Accounting/ Finance
• Knowledge of Cash Handling, Cash Management, principles and procedures
• Ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
• Ability to effectively communicate student account information and policies/procedures in a manner easily understood by the customer.
• Ability to learn new policies, procedures, and new software applications.
• Understand and apply a basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices.
• Ability to use good judgement.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work with the public in stressful situations.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an associate's degree in business administration or a related field OR equivalent applicable experience or training?
- * Do you have previous experience with accounts receivable and/or cash handling experience?
- * Do you have front-line customer service experience?
- * Briefly describe your experience with accounting and/or bookkeeping procedures and practices.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience working in a higher education setting?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application