College of Liberal Arts & Sciences: Lecturer - Department of Communication (111565)
Department of Communication
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Communication, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants to fill a Lecturer position.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will involve teaching 4 sections of communication courses per semester. At least two sections per semester will be in CMN 250 (Social Movement Communication), which fulfills a university general education requirement in U.S. minority cultures. Other teaching assignments may include CMN 101 (Public Speaking), CMN 111/112 (Oral & Written Communication), CMN 323 (Argumentation), and CMN 340 (Visual Politics).
- Ph.D. completed by time of appointment. Candidates with superior qualifications who will complete all the Ph.D. requirements within the first appointment year may be appointed at the rank of Instructor. After the Ph.D. requirement is met, the appointment will be changed to Lecturer.
- Experience in university undergraduate teaching.
- Expertise in the rhetoric of social movement communication or closely related topic.
- Sufficiently broad training in rhetoric to teach any of the potential course assignments.
- At least 3 years of college teaching.
- Expertise in the study of communication of race, ethnicity, and/or cultural identity in the U.S.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
The Lecturer position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure track position appointed on a 9-month service basis. Eligibility for the benefits is contingent on your citizenship or work authorization. For full details on eligibility requirements, please reference http://www.ahr.illinois.edu/employees/current/other.html#Benefits. The expected start date is August 16, 2019. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This appointment is subject to renewal, based on performance and availability of funds.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and resume by April 30, 2019. Online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For further information, please contact: Cara Finnegan, Professor- email: [email protected]
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Category:1-Faculty Title:College of Liberal Arts & Sciences: Lecturer - Department of Communication (111565) Open Date:03/19/2019 Close Date:04/30/2019 Organization Name:Communication