Position Title:Quartermaster Position Number:10042260 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:04/01/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Quartermaster on the Dahlonega campus. The Quartermaster will manage the Military Clothing & Sales Store (under the organization and supervision of Auxiliary Services and in coordination with University Bookstore), which carries a variety of merchandise to meet student needs, including uniform issue and supplies for the Corps of Cadets at the University of North Georgia. Work includes determining goods to be offered for resale, assisting in supervising a full time and student staff. The Cadet Corps currently has 750 members.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Quartermster will:
- Supervise Military Store daily operations – Establish the day-to-day operational concept and budget for UNG Military Store. Organize projects by duty location and time. Work closely with the Commandant and Assistant Commandant of Cadets to develop and update the military uniform requirements for the Corps of Cadets. Identify and delegate work assignments associated with sales, service, supply, and store design.
- Establishe annual budget for Store Operations and keeps operating records of invoices, purchase orders, and inventory; prepared sales reports, maintains inventory counts.
- Organize all UNG Cadet and Military uniform issue projects. Organize the uniform issue for new and old cadets in August & January. Manage alterations process, and coordinates schedules and distribution location(s) and all uniform fitting. Develop flow patterns and configure staging areas as required. Identify additional manpower needs. Responsible for all uniform buying and vendor relationships.
- Responsible for all customer service, sales transactions; and collects cash, process debit, credit, and interdepartmental accounts
- Lead presentation and uniform processes with Cadet Orientation.
- Perform related work as required.
- Must have knowledge of principles and practices of retail merchandising, pricing, and buying
- Knowledge of the maintenance of sales and inventory records
- Knowledge of marketing techniques
- Knowledge of computers and the point of sale
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures established for the operation of the bookstore
- Good communication skills
- Ability to forecast the needs of college students and plan accordingly
- Ability to estimate sales on the basis of such criteria as past sales records and stock on hand
- Ability to train, supervise, and manage a staff in a retail environment
- Ability to meet and serve the public tactfully and effectively and maintain effective relations with other employees.
- High School Diploma required
- Five (5) years of experience with Military Supply or Retail Management required.
- Uniform vendor and supplier certifications desired
- Knowledge of US Army personal appearance standards preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.