Lifeguard - Institutional Student Worker (Summer/ Fall 2019)
Position Title:Lifeguard - Institutional Student Worker (Summer/ Fall 2019) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:09/09/2019 General Summary:
University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a student worker as a Lifeguard. The main purpose of a lifeguard is to provide a safe environment for patrons using the swimming pool.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Lifeguard will:
- Be required to provide high quality customer service to patrons
- Enforce all policies and procedures
- Respond to emergencies in a tactful manner
- Supervise the pool deck and locker rooms
- Check the water temperature and water quality of the pool, clean the pool deck
- Organize pool equipment
- Students must have the ability to pass a swim test at least once a semester, attend staff trainings, and have a willingness to work at least 5-10 hours per week.
- In addition to the 5-10 hours a week, students must also be willing to commit to one (1) morning shift and one (1) weekend shift a month as well as special events.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Students must hold CURRENT Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certifications
- Students must exhibit effective communication and leadership skills as well as strong organizational skills
- Students should also have an enthusiastic approach to the occupation
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.