Temp Field Technician - Waynesville, NC
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy Type Temporary Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Temp Field Technician - Waynesville, NC Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range $10-$12/hr Position Number 11ASO1279 Work Schedule 7:30am-4pm, Monday through Friday Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Department 111501 - Horticultural Science Department Horticultural Science Job City & State Waynesville, NC Essential Job Duties
This position will provide support to the research staff in conducting horticultural research projects. This is a manual position. Duties will include planting, harvesting, weeding, mowing, hoeing, data collection, and other tasks as assigned. This position is located at the Mountain Research Station which is 290 miles from the main campus. This is an extended summer position that will start in late April or early May and run through at least August and maybe as long as October.Other Work/Responsibilities
-High School Diploma or GEDDepartmental Required Skills
-Must be able to carry out routing oral and written instructions with limited supervision
-Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a routine and continual basis
-At least one growing season of related farm or agricultural research support experience.
-Knowledge of practical farm operation and the ability to withstand prolonged exposure to various weather conditions.
-Valid Driver’s LicenseSpecial Instructions Job Open Date 03/19/2019 Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time. 03/25/2019 Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No Proposed Hire Date 05/01/2019 AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or Equivalent?
- * Do you have the ability to withstand prolonged exposure to various weather conditions?
- * Are you able to carry out routine oral and written instructions with limited supervision?
- Do you have the ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a routine and continual basis?
- Do you possess at least one growing season of related farm or agricultural research support experience?
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license?