Transfer Admissions Counselor
Transfer Admissions Counselor
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Transfer Admissions Counselor
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Division: Enrollment Management
Reports To: Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking two dynamic individuals for Transfer Admissions Counselor positions. As part of an established and successful undergraduate recruitment team, the Transfer Admissions Counselor will work to promote the value of a Dominican education and recruit, evaluate, and admit transfer students, both domestic and international to the University to help meet enrollment goals.
Prospective Student Counseling
- Actively recruit prospective transfer students and provide the personal attention necessary for a smooth transition to Dominican.
- Develop a recruitment plan under the supervision of the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions to meet enrollment goals for fall and spring.
- Communicate with prospective students via phone, e-mail, counseling appointments, tours, and events.
- Use social media for events and visits.
- Work with department coordinators and faculty to determine a student's program eligibility and meet the program's enrollment targets.
- Possess working knowledge of articulation agreements between Dominican and community or junior colleges.
- Visit community colleges to promote Dominican and recruit students by giving presentations, speaking with students individually, and meeting with community college transfer coordinators, veteran's counselors, and program coordinators.
- Represent Dominican at community college transfer days.
- Develop strong working relationships with college counselors to update Dominican materials in office and increase referrals of students.
- Coordinate all aspects of travel including scheduling, transportation, and accommodations.
- Overnight travel may be required during the year. Evening and weekend hours will be required throughout the year.
- Review student files including transcripts, essays, applications, and letters of recommendation for evaluation purposes.
- Follow up with applicants to complete files and update necessary information.
- Assist in managing communication flow with students by preparing letters, putting packets together, reception back-up, data entry, tracking documents, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service with students and families, transfer counselors, staff, and faculty through email, phone, and in-person interactions.
- Enter and track information in database to manage territory recruitment.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and team members to ensure clear communication within the office.
- Send weekly reports on territory and project management to supervisor to track progress throughout the year.
- Assist in coordination of recruitment events such as open houses and receptions.
- Attend recruitment events on and off campus to interact with prospective students and their families.
- Participate in and lead ongoing admissions office projects such as alumni programs, publications, electronic recruitment, and events.
- Develop and maintain appropriate manuals for program management.
- Coordinate with the Asst. VP of Enrollment Management and the Registrar to develop and maintain transfer articulation agreements from area community colleges and feeder schools.
- Assist in research related to domestic and international recruitment strategies and outreach planning.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university;
- Current driver's license and satisfactory driving record required and must be maintained
- Must be willing to consent to background investigation
- Must be able to rent automobiles
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and manage timelines in deadline and goal driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver presentations to diverse constituencies
- Proficient computer literacy; ability to use technology and learn new systems.
- Project and event management skills
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Experience with transfer and/or adult populations
Additional Position Information
- Open until filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency