Support Professional – Admissions and Enrollment Center
External posting, open to any qualified candidate
Date: March 19, 2019
Title: Support Professional – Admissions and Enrollment Center
Position Number: 958
Hours: 40 hours/52 weeks, (Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 4:30pm; Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm)
Compensation: APSS, Level B, $17.08 per hour
Reports to: Director of Admissions & Enrollment Center
Posting Closes: April 2, 2019
This position is responsible for the day-to-day customer service functions of the Enrollment Center. This includes assisting prospective and current students will all aspects of the enrollment process. This position will assist with various admissions and enrollment functions in working with other departments to provide excellent customer service to all students, staff and faculty of the college. Responsibilities will include working with the Director of Admissions & Enrollment Center to ensure quality and responsive services through various forms of communication. In addition, this position will assist in the supervision of student employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage new student application processing intake and workflow. This includes retrieving and uploading online and paper applications into the student information system, Peoplesoft, for all degree, personal interest, job training, guest, re-admits and apprentice applicants.
- Manage and process documents, such as transcripts and test scores, utilizing an imaging system to complete application processes.
- Process daily queries for data monitoring and clean up.
- Assist with new student inquiries, customer service and follow up utilizing our various communication channels. These include, but are not limited to, email, phone call, in person appointments, texting, and web chat service.
- Track, record, and report data related to the number of application, door counts, customers served, phone calls, and document processing.
- Coordinate and distribute all incoming and outgoing office mail service.
- Develop and coordinate customized enrollment procedures for GRCC higher education partners, companies and outside agencies.
- Perform Institutional Research and Planning data correction.
- Coordinate communications to prospective students about admissions process via letter and communication assignment within student information system. This includes producing all letters pertaining to the Admissions process including acceptance letters, incomplete letters, guest/personal Interest Acceptance letter, re-admit letter, etc.
- Assist in Supervision of Enrollment Center Student Employees.
- Provide support for placement testing and manage import of data to PeopleSoft.
- Provide on demand services for students when needed. This includes, but is not limited to, application upload, matriculation processing, inputting documents, setting up accounts, etc.
- Assist in patch testing for updates to the student information system.
- Provide incoming phone call support during peak times.
- Participate and assist with enrollment events, such as Raider Rally, Fall/Spring Open house, etc.
- Manage and purge all admission and enrollment related paper files consistent with institutions document retention policies.
- Assist with website updates and maintenance of information
- Perform Change of Major and program/plan changes, including term activation.
- In coordination with Athletic Director, process student athlete transcripts.
- Assist with the maintenance of content for the Admission, Enrollment and Placement Testing web pages.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions & Enrollment.
MARGINAL (NON-ESSENTIAL) JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide and disburse basic information for the Student Services areas (i.e., Financial Aid, Application, etc.)
- Assist students in the use of technology to obtain and submit information, utilization of the Online Student Center, such as applications, degree audit, registration, personal data, drops/adds/withdrawals, change in major or unofficial transcripts.
- Assist with the printing and distribution of RaiderCards during peak times.
- Make referral appointments for students to other GRCC Departments as needed.
- Responsible for name, address, password changes for Online Student Center.
- Assist students in GRCC Registration process; enrollment appointments, program/plan changes, etc.
- Participate as a member of the Enrollment Center Call Center team.
- Facilitate communications amongst other staff/departments and the Enrollment Center.
- Order office supplies.
- Coordinate student scheduling for Winter, Summer and Fall semester.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred
- Three years of experience in a customer service role or office environment required.
- High level of technology skills required.
- Experience in higher education roles with demonstrated knowledge of admissions and student services preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with web-based applications; specifically, online learning systems such as Blackboard, portals, ERP systems such as PeopleSoft and Oracle preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive software application experience. Specifically, MS Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft or other Student Information System, Blackboard, and additional software as needed.
- Finalists will be required to complete an office testing module and meet minimum standards, plus possess excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work. An in-basket assignment may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships, motivate others and work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with a diverse student, College staff and business partner population.
- Ability to provide direct feedback to student employees.
- Must be personable, energetic and focused on customer service and have demonstrated ability in customer service skills including effective communication and helpful manner both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to plan and work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing, continuous improvement environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities & proven organizational skills.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to sit for prolong periods of time.
- Ability to constantly engage students at different stations throughout the Enrollment Center for long periods of time.
- Ability to speak Spanish helpful but not required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. The posting will remain open until April 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Please include your resume and cover letter in one document. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The College will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.