Elgin Community College
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Provide technical support for Elgin Community College theater productions and events, including scenery, lighting, sound and stage set-up; maintain and clean theaters and equipment used in the making of productions.
1. Construct, set-up, paint and tear down sets for all productions within the ECC theaters and other events, as assigned.
2. Perform woodworking with power and hand tools.
3. Load and unload scenery and equipment.
4. Handle rigging to move equipment, sets, etc. for productions.
5. Hang, focus, set-up and tear-down light fixtures.
6. Set-up and tear down sound equipment.
7. Act as general stage hand for all performances, as needed.
8. Store and maintain props, costumes, lights, tools, etc.
9. Perform maintenance and repair of all theater and scene shop equipment.
1. May use a truck and/or other machines to deliver/remove scenery and equipment.
2. Operate light board during rehearsals, techs and performances.
3. Operate sound board during rehearsals, techs and performances.
4. May require a valid Illinois driver's license.
5. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
1. Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. One year prior experience as a theater technician.
3. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.