Records Grade Specialist II
Elgin Community College
Records Grade Specialist II
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Oversee the online grading process. Provide notice to faculty regarding the collection, and processing for mid-term enrollment verification/grades and final grades, as well as all grade changes; generate grade reports to students; generate, distribute and follow up on grade related reports. Advise faculty on online grading process through AccessEcc and communicate all changes in policy or procedures. Data entry including, but not limited to, Advanced Placement (AP) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores, articulated high school credit and proficiency credit.
1. Oversee the online grading process. Provide notice to faculty regarding the collection, and processing for mid-term enrollment verification/grades, final grades, and grade changes. Generate required grade reports.
2. Advise faculty on use of online grading process through AccessECC; communicate all changes in policy or procedures.
3. Assist students with information in person, on the phone and via computer.
4. Order, process and deliver transcripts using all methods required. Scan and retrieve documents related to student records and other records related activities.
5. Assist with the on-going Records module testing, updates, enhancements, data clean up and issue resolution.
6. Assist with graduation processing and commencement activities.
7. Work all special events required by the department, including but not limited to student orientation, new employee orientation, etc.
8. Data entry including Advanced Placement (AP) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores, SAT score import, articulated high school credit and proficiency credit and including other associated data entry required by the department.
9. Back up for registration staff as required by the department.
1. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
2. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Previous customer service experience.
3. Ability to utilize an integrated student system.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to advise others in using technology.
6. Proficient keyboarding skills.
7. Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.