Financial Administrator III
DescriptionJob Purpose: Perform advanced financial records maintenance and report preparation and reconciliation within the business area of an academic/research unit or non-academic department. Coordinate those activities with other campus units. Work may involve records, reports and proposals related to funding from various sources, budgeting and accounting. May supervise or provide guidance to other finance/accounting personnel.Major Responsibilities:
- Within an academic/research unit, develop and prepare financial data related to proposals, grants and contracts, general appropriations, endowments and other funds.
- Generate data for use in budget amendments and other budget related reporting.
- Collect, reconcile and audit monthly unit expense transactions.
- Process travel requests to include review for accuracy and appropriate supporting documentation.
- Review and/or process payroll, time documents and personnel action forms.
- Coordinate unit financial related actions with Institute financial units.
- Recommend changes to unit finance/accounting procedure and process as appropriate.
- Provide work related advice and direction to other unit finance/accounting personnel; may also supervise those personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned..
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Three to five years of job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of and skill in applying general accounting principles and practices within a university business environment. Additionally required are attention to detail and accuracy and use of office and specialized accounting related computer applications.
QualificationsPreferred Qualifications: •Preferred Education: N/A
•Preferred Work Experience: Working in higher education
•Preferred Certifications: N/A
•Preferred Skills: Experience with Workday and PeopleSoft Additional Information: Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy. Impact & Influence: This position will interact with on a consistent basis with: unit management, staff and co-workers in IEN and IEN Centers. This position typically will advise and counsel: unit financial/accounting staff as well execute accounting and financial processes. This position may supervise assigned financial/accounting staff personnel or students.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Executive VP of Research
Job Posting: May 8, 2019, 9:16:06 AM