F/T Faculty: (Accounting)-Business Administration Department-Fall semester 2019-Extended
Department:: Business Administration Department
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Mar 18, 2019
Closes:: Apr 18, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: FAC
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Full time Accounting, Cost Accounting and Accounting Information Systems faculty member needed in the Business Administration Department. Responsible for teaching accounting courses and developing curriculum of the accounting program.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills and enhance understanding
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes
- Participate in the development and assessment of curriculum of the program and student learning outcomes of accounting courses
- Use new technologies and those used in the field in the classroom to facilitate learning
- Maintain expertise and currency in area of teaching responsibility
- Comply with all duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement
- M.B.A. or M.S. in Accounting
- Experience in the accounting profession
- Proven experience in the use of computerized accounting and tax software
- Postsecondary level teaching experience
- Ability to establish liaisons and/or maintain ongoing partnership with internal and external constituents
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Experience in curriculum development and learning outcomes assessment
- Community college teaching experience
Salary Range: $46,000.00-$53,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: Fall Semester 2019. To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By April 18, 2019.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE