Digital Marketing Specialist, Email & Online Community
The Digital Marketing Specialist serves on the Communications team and is responsible for the execution of the Advancement digital strategy including website, marketing automation platform, and the Babson Connector, the College's online community platform. Specifically responsible for publishing content; streamlining navigation; increasing online presence for Babson's alumni and advancement audiences; managing the marketing automation platform to design and send event and solicitation emails, review segmentation and manage the content calendar; executing the overall vision/strategy and day-to-day operations of the Babson Connector; contributing to marketing activities pertaining to the Connector; collaborating with team members across all Advancement business units to curate digital content and manage content dissemination, with a focus on promoting College initiatives and priorities; partnering with campus departments to monitor community activity; and partnering with College Marketing, to implement search engine analytics to maximize traffic to websites.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the marketing automation platform, inclusive of building emails, sending emails, tracking analytics, list/data management and segmentation.
- Works directly with Advancement Services to facilitate list/data management to enhance data integrity and improve strategic outreach.
- Responsible for marketing automation system training across the division.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact and project manager for the online community.
- Monitors and updates community content—with a focus on alumni—and functionality to enhance the overall user experience.
- Analyzes and interprets campaign performance results. Leverages data analysis, competitive research, and customer insights to continuously enhance web, email and the Babson Connector. Observes, conducts, and analyzes qualitative and quantitative user research, such as focus groups, interviews, and surveys, as needed.
- Investigates and identifies community user-generated content for inclusion in the online community.
- Tracks and reports out on engagement metrics for the website, ecommunications and the Babson Connector to contribute strategic recommendations for ongoing planning and enhancements. Recommends best practices and strategy based on analytics.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Must have proven experience in Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Salesforce Community Cloud.
- Must have strong web, verbal, writing, and communication skills.
- Must have excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Must have experience using or administering an enterprise content management system.
- Must have familiarity with online communities and/or social media, including the understanding of community management principles and personalization strategies.
- Must have a working knowledge of HTML and basic Web design.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have an interest in the latest developments, industry trends, and best practices for community management.
- Must be team-oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Must be comfortable presenting concepts and deliverables to clients, with the ability to articulate and present ideas based on sound user experience and design principles.
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must be a tech-savvy professional who has innovative ideas to engage and increase activity with our constituents.
- Experience in the education industry a plus.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.