Adjunct Spanish Instructor- Applicant Pool
Job Title: Adjunct Spanish Instructor- Applicant Pool
Location: Atl Metropolitan State College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 1820
The Division of Humanities and Fine Arts at Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a four-year, degree-granting institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking highly skilled and motivated instructors to join our team. Part-Time Spanish instructors must be capable of teaching such courses as Elementary Spanish I and Elementary Spanish II during the day, evenings, weekends and/or online. These Part-Time positions have no benefits. The College currently serves over 2000 commuting students on its beautifully landscaped campus which is located 10 minutes south of downtown Atlanta and 15 minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
be able to teach courses such as Elementary Spanish I and Elementary Spanish II,
* have training and experience teaching online courses,
* have a history of effective teaching at the collegiate level,
* keep regular office hours and grade assignments,
* have strong oral and written communication in both English and Spanish,
* have listening and organizational skills;
* be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel,
* have the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others,
* have the ability to use small office equipment (including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems),
* have the ability to use computers for data entry and word processing,
* be willing to follow a standardized Spanish curriculum,
* have experience using online class management software to record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades, and
* complete other duties as assigned by the Dean of the Division of Humanities and Fine Arts.
This applicant pool will remain open and will allow the College to use interested Part-Time Spanish instructors based on student enrollment needs.Required Qualifications
Applicants wishing to teach Spanish courses must have an earned Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 graduate semester or 30 graduate quarter hours in Spanish.About Us
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.Equal Employment Opportunity
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.
EVerify # 111036