Maintenance Mechanic II
Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy Type SHRA Is Internal Transfer Only No Time Limited? No Time-Limited Appointment Length Title Facility Maintenance Technician - Mechanical Trades Band Level Contributing Working Title Maintenance Mechanic II Salary Range $31,200 - $66,138 Anticipated Hiring Range $33,000 - $36,000 Salary Grade Equivalency 61 Position Number 00061360 Work Schedule Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count). No Full Time Equivalent (FTE) 1.00 Department 448001 - Bldg Maint & Oper-Centennial Department Facilities Job City & State Raleigh, NC Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The 900+ positions of the Facilities Division service the students and staff of the University’s teaching, research/administrative space and 2,240 acres of infrastructure. The Facilities Division provides design and building services, maintenance, custodial, landscape, solid waste removal, utility, mail, and motor pool services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The goal is to deliver cost effective services to the University, ensure completed projects and maintenance that conform to codes and regulations, while minimizing University liabilities and disruptions caused by the maintenance, repair, building, and equipment modifications to the University.Essential Job Duties
A zone maintenance shop technician that performs basic maintenance, operations and repair of campus facilities to include building HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. Facilities Maintenance Technicians at this level are generally semi-skilled helpers in a particular trade or area and will participate in the department’s initial entry training program.Other Work/Responsibilities
Must be able to work overtime and/or alternate shifts when necessary for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
This position has been designated as essential personnel for the University and may be required to report to work during adverse weather conditions even though the University may be operating on an alternate schedule. This position may assist with snow and ice removal under the direction of a supervisor.Minimum Experience/Education
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work. Some positions may require special licenses or certification(s).
Optional Guidelines: Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the area of assignment may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.Departmental Required Skills
Must be able to communicate effectively verbally with supervisors and the general public and understand verbal and written instructions and other communications regarding work assignments and other matters.
Some experience in HVAC, steam, plumbing, and electrical trades.
Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds frequently and up to 90 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodations.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
2-3 years relevant experience in the maintenance or building system trades.Required License or Certification
Valid DL required.
Valid North Carolina driver’s license is required within 60 days of hire and must be maintained.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Facility Maintenance Technician-Mechanical position.
- High school diploma/GED
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any field
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and trade(s) experience to equal 4 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 3 years experience)
- None of the above
- * A valid driver's license (DL) is required and a North Carolina Driver's License (NCDL) must be obtained within 60 days of hire and maintained as a condition of employment. Do you have a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain one prior to start date, and the ability to obtain a North Carolina Driver's License within 60 days of hire?
- Yes, I have a valid NCDL and will maintain it as a condition of employment.
- Yes, I have a valid DL from another state and will obtain a NCDL within 60 days of hire and maintain it as a condition of employment.
- Yes, I have a valid DL from another state but cannot or will not obtain a NCDL within 60 days of hire.
- No, I do not have a valid DL from any state, but I will obtain a it within 60 days of hire and maintain it as a condition of employment.
- No, I do not have a valid DL from any state and cannot or will not obtain it.
- * Are you able to lift up to 60 pounds frequently and up to 90 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * Please describe your professional experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter