Graduate Assistant (Staff), MSHROD China Program
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job_Type: Graduate Assistant
Location: Off Campus
Division: Graduate Employment
Graduate Assistant (GA) will be assigned to work closely with one or more faculty members, assisting with scholarly and teaching related activities. The scope of work potentially includes but is not limited to phases of research from design through literature review, data collection, analysis, writing and preparation/presentation of findings, data entry, and some other office support type activities.
The Graduate Assistant receives a stipend and a tuition waiver.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Assist faculty/staff with research relates projects, teaching related support tasks other assignments that require the skills of graduate students. Other Departmental related duties as required.
- Admission and enrollment in a graduate program
- Ability to work up to 20 hours per week (10 hours for half-time appointments)
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 required for new graduate students
- For GA reappointments, maintenance of a 67% course completion
- A GA must maintain a GPA of 3.0 to continue
- Enrollment in at least 6 credits for Fall and Winter Semesters
- GRE/GMAT score if available
- Must be able to read, write and speak Mandarin Chinese
- Enrolled in a program related to the function of the Management Department
- Preference will be given to graduate students who are able to work two consecutive semesters
- Proficiency to Microsoft Office Software
- Knowledge of statistics
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
This assistantship carries a stipend and you will also receive a tuition scholarship for up to 18 credit hours. Any courses added or dropped late will not be covered by this assistantship. Additionally, graduate assistants are responsible for the payment of fees outside of tuition and differential tuition.
**NOTE** In order to be considered for this position, applicants must attach two (2) letters of recommendation and a current resume. For students new to EMU, a transcript is required to verify GPA. Also provide a GRE or GMAT score if available.
For a full-time GA appointment, the University provides a tuition scholarship for up to 18 credit hours in each academic year (September 1 to August 31) of the assistantship.
For graduate assistants who are appointed to part-time positions and for GAs who begin employment after the start of the semester, the number of credit hours covered by the award will be prorated.
Click here for more benefit related information.
Are you currently enrolled within a graduate-level program (or higher) with Eastern Michigan University, if not do you have an application currently pending for a graduate-level program (or higher) with Eastern Michigan University?
Please indicate the graduate/doctoral-level program(s) with Eastern Michigan University in which you are currently enrolled or for which you have an application pending.
Are you able to read, write and speak Mandarin Chinese?
Do you acknowledge that your tuition waiver may be taxable beyond $5250 per year?
* Required Question