Instructional Assistant Professor - Creating a Pool
Request/Posting Number 0711752
Classification Title Instructional Assistant Professor - Creating a Pool
Working Title Instructional Assistant Professor
Job Class # 700500
Type of Position Non-Tenure/Adjunct Faculty
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) Varies
Department Educational Administration & Foundations - 05900000
Job Category Faculty - Non-Tenure (Adjunct)
General Summary In anticipation of possible openings throughout the upcoming academic year and summer sessions, the Department of Educational Administration & Foundations invites a pool of qualified persons interested in non-tenure-track teaching positions. Applications are accepted continuously for part-time, non-tenure-track positions and reviewed as vacancies become available. There may not be an actual vacancy at the time you apply.
Teach graduate P12 students on campus, off campus and online.
Collaborate with other professional colleagues to create a positive learning environment.
Teach in a cohort model designed to maximize student success and relational leadership among the students.
Inspire leadership among the students assigned to teach and others whom you encounter.
Assess student academic progress, and submit all grades within the required University timelines.
Model emotional intelligence for aspiring school leaders.
These positions are represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
Additional Information: The mission of the Department of Educational Administration and Foundations is to prepare people of diverse backgrounds for leadership roles in education. Our programs and degrees are grounded in the belief that educational leaders require knowledge, skills, values, and commitment appropriate for administrative, policy, instructional, and research roles.
Required Qualifications 1. Master's degree in related field.
2. Candidates must be able to demonstrate oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position, as mandated by state law.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: We seek candidates whose professional backgrounds include some of the following:
1. Strong background in P12 Education Administration.
2. Experience with or work in U.S. Public Schools.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of Strategic Planning, Implementation, and Monitoring.
4. Exhibit an understanding of continual School Improvement.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of School Finance.
6. Exhibit a general understanding of School Law, Board Policy, and Administrative Procedures.
7. Experience in the design and delivery of Professional Development.
8. Experience with collective bargaining and contract development.
9. Exhibit an understanding of Human Resource Processes and Procedures.
10. Demonstrate the ability to build consensus and leadership capacity within others.
12. Trained in the Charlotte Danielson appraisal system.
13. Strong disciplinary background in educational studies.
14. Demonstrate a strong sense of ethics and professional depositions.
15. Experience using a variety of technologies to design and deliver instruction and/or willingness to learn
16. Knowledge and application of adult learning theory
17. Willingness to collaborate in among higher education faculty and regional partners.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Master's degree
Hiring Rate/Range Commensurate with experience
Work Hours Varies
Proposed Starting Date: Varies
Posting date 03-18-2019
Closing date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please complete a faculty employment application and attach a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. Applications will be reviewed as vacancies become available.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Linda Wall
Departmental Homepage http://education.illinoisstate.edu/about/departments/eaf/
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.