Student Support Specialist (Grant FT)
General Summary: Provide students enrolled in career programs of study with academic information. Maintain contact with assigned Career Program students and refer to other offices when appropriate.
Student Support Specialist (Grant FT)
Position Title: Student Support Specialist (Grant FT)
Department: Keystone Ed Yields Success
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 29, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 12 - $42,821
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: G604
Job Open Date: 3/15/2019
Job Close Date:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years direct experience with students in a post-secondary education institution. Must have strong written and oral communication skills and organization skills.
1. Consult with faculty, counselors, staff and administration in the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate services and programs designed to address student needs.
2. Coordinate with campuses to develop and provide academic assistance for students.
3. Keep accurate records and statistical data.
4. Prepare and submit reports, as requested.
5. Work with students enrolled in career program codes to provide academic support and assistance, including program planning, information giving and assistance completing forms.
6. Coordinate Early Intervention system for career program students.
7. Monitor career program students from first semester at CCAC through graduation and initiate intervention when needed.
8. Act as a liaison with Career Services, Counseling, Financial Aid, Supportive Services, Advisement and the Learning Center for career program students.
9. Maintain record of Career Program student contacts using Perkins database and assist in developing tracking mechanisms.
10. Provide facilitated study, workshops, support and/or other academic assistance to appropriate career program student groups.
11. Market services to Career Program students through classroom presentations, mailings and other means of communications.
12. Ability to travel to campuses, college centers and off campus locations may be necessary.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=381&site=3
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency