Posting Number: SRGV3812
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Student Service Centers
Scope of Job:
Provides administrative assistance in the overall institutional records management and retention area. Responsible for the receipt, organization, and disposition of records in the Records Management office.
Description of Duties:
• Reviews records and reports to ascertain records to be archived and retention schedule.
• Consults with user departments to revise methods and workflow to improve efficiency of records management and comply with legal records requirements.
• Enters data into appropriate online system to maintain records.
• Assists with document imaging and indexes scanned records in accordance with federal, state and university control standards and procedures.
• Confers with others to assure compliance with policies, procedures, and practices of records management program.
• Prepares user procedure manuals and documentation on records system; prepares disaster recovery procedures.
• Drafts office and storage area layout to plot location of equipment and to compute space available.
• May evaluate and recommends improvements and other records management problems.
• Reviews records retention schedules and governmental record keeping requirements to determine timetables for transferring active records to inactive or archival storage, for destroying obsolete or unnecessary records.
• Prepares reports to document system effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
• Maintains records management database for ensuring appropriate identification of records.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One (1) year of related office experience.
Experience in the records management area.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Individual may be required to lift up to 25 lbs. and may be exposed to airborne particles. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials. Attention to detail, accuracy and follow through. Ability to provide high levels of customer service. Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/15/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20658
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency