Assistant Professor of Financial Economics
Assistant Professor of Financial Economics
Winthrop University: College of Business Administration: Accounting, Finance, and Economics
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Open Date: Mar 18, 2019
The Department of Accounting, Finance, and Economics within the College of Business Administration seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professorship in Financial Economics. The Department provides students in Accounting, Finance, and Economics with engaging deep learning opportunities through its emphasis on case-based learning, internships, and travel to exciting destinations to enhance their study. Each May students and faculty travel to New York for the Financial Markets Seminar trip, and international trips to China and Europe are also popular options for students. The department has a strong track record in placing its graduates in promising employment positions and advanced degree programs.
Housed within the College of Business Administration, this AACSB accredited program is seeking a candidate who excels at teaching and demonstrates the potential to have a strong record of scholarly activity and service performance. Winthrop is located 15 miles south of Charlotte, NC. Winthrop has approximately 6,000 students and offers both bachelors and master's degrees in the College of Business.
- Teach a full-time, 9-credit hour per semester teaching load that includes undergraduate and graduate courses in economics, finance, and financial economics
- Demonstrate effective, student-centered teaching across the full range of course offerings in finance and economics
- Engage in scholarly activity and maintain a commitment professional stewardship
- Support the institutional mission by advising and mentoring undergraduate students
- Willingness to actively serve on university, college, and departmental committees.
- Ph.D. in Financial Economics and/or Monetary Economics, with a firm expectation of completion by July 2019
- A record of excellent teaching at the undergraduate or graduate level, preferably teaching one or more financial economics courses
- Evidence of the potential for scholarship and professional stewardship commensurate with appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body
- Ability to work collaboratively with departmental members in maintaining and strengthening the program
- Experience with online instruction, program development, and program delivery preferred
Applications for this position should consist of:
- A letter of application including the candidate's interest in the position, qualifications for the position, teaching philosophy, scholarly research agenda, and service goals.
- A current curriculum vitae
- Evidence of teaching excellence, scholarship, and professional stewardship
- The names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references
- A terminal degree transcript
Questions about the position should be directed to the co-chair of the search committee, Dr. Danko Tarabar ([email protected]).
Review of applications will begin March 22, 2019.
Anticipated Start Date: August 16, 2019.
About Winthrop University
Founded in 1886 and located in Rock Hill, South Carolina, Winthrop University offers its 6,000-plus undergraduate and graduate students an educational experience that blends liberal arts, professional programs, global awareness, and civic engagement. In its degree-granting Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Education, and Visual and Performing Arts, Winthrop embraces only those programs and activities that can be delivered at an exemplary level. Winthrop is well known for its inclusive and supportive campus environment, with University College supporting programs in both academic and student affairs. Winthrop University is achieving national stature as a competitive and distinctive co-educational, public, residential, comprehensive, values-oriented institution. The values of service, excellence, diversity, community, and leadership provide the foundation for the University’s continuing development and shape Winthrop’s continuing success. Numerous national accolades reflect the sustained high quality and value of the Winthrop Experience, including the most recent U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Winthrop as one of the top-10 public comprehensive universities in the South. Winthrop is an active member of the Rock Hill community and is recognized as a key component of the region’s economic resurgence. Approximately 20 minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina, Winthrop has direct access to and is engaged in a broad and expansive regional arts and business community. Winthrop’s beautiful campus encompasses a rich architectural blend of neo-Georgian buildings and is included in the National Register of Historic Places. The attractive recreational and research complex area that surrounds Winthrop Lake is home to Winthrop’s 18 Division I men’s and women’s sports.
Winthrop University is committed to providing a safe campus community. Winthrop conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.