Enrollment Specialist Senior
Posting DetailsApplication Instructions
Please read carefully before applying:You must provide all information requested on the application form (resumes will not be considered as a substitute for the application). Initial screening by Human Resources for minimum requirements is based on your APPLICATION ONLY (supporting documents will not be reviewed during initial screening). Incomplete applications will not be considered by hiring committees. You will have an opportunity to upload supporting documents for committee consideration during this online application process.Position Information Posting Number: 06001493 Position Title: Enrollment Specialist Senior Posting Date: 03/15/2019 Closing Date: 04/07/2019 Open Until Filled (notes): Length of Position: 12 months per year Anticipated Start Date: Position Type: Classified FTE: 1.0 FTE Salary Level: Classified Salary Level 16 Starting Minimum Pay: $17.39 plus exceptional benefits Starting Maximum Pay: $21.21 plus exceptional benefits Hours per Week: 40 hr/wk Work Schedule: 8:00am - 5:00pm Days of the Week: Monday - Friday Job Summary/Purpose:
This position provides customer service, specialized tasks, and administrative support in connection with admissions, registration, records, academic progress and success, and status of students. Serve as technical resource to the Admissions and Records team, coordinates and oversees work-study students, trains new employees on basic office functions, and performs administrative tasks, such as report generation, archiving, mass mailings, office supplies, and campus communications.
Terms of Employment:
• This is a full-time (1.0 FTE, 40hr week) 12-month non-exempt position at grade level 16 in the Classified Appendix schedule.
• Requires flexible work schedule, which may include evenings and/or weekends as well as travel throughout the district when needed.
• Requires the provision of official transcripts upon hire.
• Upon hire, must pass Criminal background check, Credit history check and/or driving history; only information relevant to the position will be considered.
1.Serves as a subject matter specialist in connections with tasks associated with admissions, registration, records, academic progress and success, and status of students.
2.Responds to inquiries pertaining to admission and enrollment requirements and procedures, including those from other staff requiring special expertise.
3.Researches, interprets, clarifies, and resolves a variety of problems dealing with, but not limited to, admissions, registration, and student academic status.
4.Serves as point of contact with students and prospective students for services provided by the department. May assist in representing the College at COCC sponsored activities.
5.Provides faculty members and other staff with pertinent information about and procedures for recording attendance and grades, class deadlines, etc.
6.Assists students and outside organizations in obtaining enrollment verifications using standardized forms.
7.Maintains up-to-date of knowledge of programs, services, policies and procedures for admissions, registration, and student records. Maintains a working knowledge of College departments and support services to provide information to faculty, staff, students and community members.
8.Composes general office correspondence and performs other clerical services of a routine nature including, but not limited to filing, data entry, processing of departmental bulk mail, and note taking. Collects and catalogs at least one copy of department publications, promotional materials and enrollment reports for historical archives.
9.Audit and proof College and department content in communications, publications and web pages.
10.Serve as content and technical lead for maintenance of department web pages including electronic forms.
11.Develops and maintains detailed academic schedule and annual calendar, which serves as a resource for students as well as staff and faculty. Maintains internal documentation outlining date-specific activities as it relates to student events, deadlines, and department processes.
12. Performs quality control to educational advising by analyzing potential discrepancies, omissions, or
inconsistencies while preparing for new student advising events.
13. Oversees record retention activities for documents such as registration forms, petitions, administrative
withdrawal rosters, etc.
14. Extracts and downloads information using standardized queries, to prepare budget and admissions
reports to measure year-to-year activity.
15. Provides input on general budget decisions and tracking expenditures.
16. Serves as primary lead and point of contact for hiring and training student workers and temporary staff,
delegating time sensitive and term-specific tasks.
17. Serves on, or supports committees to provide job related information, as assigned.
18. Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the duties and responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The incumbent is expected to follow College work rules and policies.
• Strong knowledge of regulations, policies, educational codes, and guidelines governing community
college admissions and student record keeping.
• Working knowledge of the College’s policies and procedures for at least these areas: registration, residency, maintaining instructor and student records.
• Working knowledge of personal computer based software programs including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, student information systems, and special applications used by the organization unit.
• Knowledge of and skills in office methods and procedures, proper English language usage, grammar,syntax, composition, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation.
• Sufficient human relation skills to use proper telephone etiquette, explain procedures to others, resolve conflicts, and portray a positive image of the College.
• Ability to perform assignments in admissions and records process and sub-process.
• Ability to learn and apply the most up-to-date regulations, policies, educational codes, and guidelines relating to admissions, registration, and student records.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, prioritize workload, analyze problems and determine solutions.
• Ability to compile and evaluate data, prepare reports, charts and graphs from standardized formats.
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, work under pressure, meet deadlines and timetables, maintain attention to detail, and combine multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to compose general and specialized office correspondence, type and keyboard at a rate sufficient to meet production requirements, analyze documentation in areas of assignment, and research and analyze technical information.
• Ability to maintain accurate records, file and maintain filing systems, maintain confidentiality of private and/or sensitive information as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
• Requires the ability to work cooperatively and productively with others including those from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Working hours are regular, per the established work schedule. Work is performed in an ordinary office, mostly sitting. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to function effectively indoors in an office environment engaged in work of primarily a sedentary nature with the ability to sit or stand at workstation for extended periods. The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms and requires near visual acuity to write, read written materials and computer screens, and sufficient hearing and speech ability for ordinary telephonic conversations. Occasional lifting under ten pounds for 15 percent of the time. Computer screen is used more than 75 percent of the time. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.Equal Opportunity / Non-Discrimination Statement
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other classes protected under Federal and State statues in any education program, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resources office, 541.383.7216.Minimum Qualifications:
1. Associates Degree
2. Two years of experience in an admissions/student enrollment function.
3. Direct and progressively responsible experience in admissions, enrollment and registration.
The College recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum but present other qualifications or experience
equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. To qualify under equivalency, applicants must indicate how they qualify under equivalency by responding to the supplemental question presented during the application process.
1. Basic web editing experience is a plus
2. Experience in Community College or higher-education environment.
3. Experience with Banner, or higher education student information systems.
4. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Note that you will be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human Resources at 541-383-7216.Is a Criminal History Check required? Yes Is a Credit History Check Required? Yes Open Until Filled No Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education?
- No High School Diploma or GED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Professional Certification or License (not a degree)
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree in Progress
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree In Progress
- Masters Degree
- Ph.D. in Progress
- Other Doctorate Level Degree
- * Please describe how you meet the job requirement of having two years experience in an admissions and/or student enrollment function.
(Open Ended Question)
- * While you may have in your application above, please share your work related experience with admissions, enrollment or registration.
(Open Ended Question)
- * While this is only a preference for the position, do you have basic web editing experience? If yes, please share any programs used and what you were responsible for.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have working knowledge of Banner (Ellucian) software?
- * Please elaborate on your ability to work effectively and sensitively with constituents from diverse cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
(Open Ended Question)
- The College recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications, but present other qualifications or experience equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. There may be other requirements where an equivalency is acceptable. Please be aware that applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements and do not provide an equivalency statement will not be selected for an interview.Your statement should make clear the requirement you are addressing. Example: The position requires a Master’s degree. You have a Bachelor’s degree and work experience when combined you feel is equivalent to the degree requirement. Please make clear why you feel it is equivalent.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a U.S. military veteran? (COCC provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. To receive veterans preference in this recruitment process, you must upload your DD214 or DD215 form as supporting documentation. You will have the opportunity to upload the document in the next step of this application process.)
- Yes, I am a veteran
- No, I am not a veteran
- If you have identified yourself as a qualified veteran or disabled veteran by submitting your DD214 or DD215 form as proof of veteran status, please describe any transferable skills earned during your military service that you feel relate to the requirements/preferences of this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Background checks are required for all employees of COCC. Should an offer of employment be made to you and accepted by you, you will receive an email from COCC / HireRight Screening requesting your consent and basic information to complete the check. The offer of employment will be conditional upon satisfactory completion of the criminal background check. Confirmed findings on a criminal background check will not automatically disqualify you from being hired into a position. Results are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, considering the job responsibilities and other risk factors. Additional information regarding COCC’s criminal history check policy can be found online in the General Procedures Manual, Section HR-2-1. Please indicate here if you will provide consent to the criminal history check when requested by the College:
- Yes, I will provide my consent when requested
- No, I will not provide my consent when requested
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- College Transcript 1 (unofficial)
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- College Transcript 2 (unofficial)
- College Transcript 3 (unofficial)
- College Transcript 4 (unofficial)
- US Military DD 214
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
- Other Document 5
- License or Certification