Assistant Professor - RELLIS - Artificial Intelligence
Job location: Bryan TAMUC - Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-15
Job TitleAssistant Professor - RELLIS - Artificial IntelligenceAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentComputer Science & Info SystemProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationBryan, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Located in Bryan/College Station Texas, the Texas A&M System RELLIS campus is a cooperative initiative designed to foster research, technology development, testing, higher education, and hands-on career training. Texas A&M University-Commerce will offer a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science as part of the RELLIS academic partnership. The A&M-Commerce Department of Computer Science & Information Systems is seeking an individual to be part of this unique educational opportunity to establish an undergraduate computer science program at the RELLIS campus. The successful candidate will be asked to implement the program as well as lead and advance a critical field of computer science on the RELLIS campus. The successful candidate shall have research and/or industry experience in a computer science are of artificial intelligent (AI), sensors, or software programming/coding. The position is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position, at the Assistant Professor rank. The successful candidate will be required to teach undergraduate courses; advise and mentor undergraduate students; develop an externally funded research program; seek to establish industry/research center partnerships; disseminate knowledge through presentations and publications; participate in all aspects of the department’s activities; and serve the profession. The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with other researchers at the RELLIS campus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership in the area of AI, sensors, or software programming/coding at the RELLIS campus
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the BS Computer Science program at the RELLIS campus
- Teach undergraduate computer science courses
- As needed, assist in and/or lead the development of new undergraduate courses
- Establish a strong publication record
- Disseminate knowledge through presentations and publications
- Actively seek and attract extramural funding and industry funded partnerships
- Establish a network within the regional industry and research centers
- Advise and mentor undergraduate students
- Actively engage and work cooperatively with the computer science faculty at Blinn College
- Serve on selected departmental, college and university committees
- Participate in all aspects of the department’s activities
Education: Earned doctorate in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Academic background commensurate with the rank of assistant professor or higher. Proven experience record in an area of AI, sensors, or software programming/coding.
- Ability to: Multitask and work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students and others with varying cultures and backgrounds.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications:
- Physical Requirements:
- Other Requirements:
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Demonstrated record of obtaining grants and/or extramural funding in an area of AI, sensors, or software programming/coding. Demonstrated industry experience in an area of AI, sensors, or software programming/coding. Experience with and/or working knowledge of ABET accreditation. Leadership responsibilities in the development and/or implementation of a new undergraduate program. At least one year of teaching experience at the higher education level with evidence of teaching excellence.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Graduate students and support staff.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.