Anatomy and Physiology Instructor Full-time Tenure Track Fall 2019
MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
Anatomy and Physiology Instructor Full-time Tenure Track Fall 2019
SALARY: $54,118.00 - $73,386.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 12/01/18
CLOSING DATE: 04/06/19 11:59 PM
Monterey Peninsula College is proud to invite ambitious and qualified applicants to submit materials for a new position in Human Anatomy & Physiology. The desired candidate should be qualified and interested in developing and delivering a curriculum directed at pre-nursing, general education, and/or transfer-level students. In addition to teaching separate semester-length lab/lecture courses in Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and combined Human Anatomy and Physiology/Human Biology, other areas of instruction may include Biology, Microbiology, Health and other Life Sciences courses. Assignments may include both day and evening courses at the Monterey Campus or Marina Education Center, as well as weekend classes and/or online instruction.
Full-time faculty have responsibilities outside the classroom through contributions to the department, division and the college which include curriculum development, assessment, evaluation, and participation in student achievement and success. Faculty are expected to engage in campus life and become involved in college committees.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
• Use and develop a variety of effective teaching and assessment methods including the use of computers and information technology to engage student interest and support a variety of learning styles.
• Evaluate student work using clear criteria relevant to the course content and learning objectives.
• Maintain and submit accurate records according to published deadlines (i.e., grades, syllabi, census reports, learning outcome assessments/plans for improvement/etc...).
• Participate in the Anatomy & Physiology Department schedule development process.
• Develop and assess curriculum and Student Learning Outcomes.
• Participate in the program review and campus accreditation processes.
• Engage in activities that enhance the department's rapport with area high schools, colleges and employers.
• Collaborate with lab managers to ensure that we meet all lab safety standards, maintain accurate of lab inventories and manage budgets.
• Hold required office hours and attend Life Science Division meetings.
• Carry out collegial responsibilities including, but not limited to, institutional committee assignments, CTE advisory committee participation (Maurine Church Coburn School of Nursing, Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting, etc...), student recruitment and retention activities, participation in shared governance committees and campus life events.
• Pursue professional development and remain current in the field through course work, conferences, workshops, and other appropriate means.
• Participate in faculty recruitment for the Life Sciences Division. Coordinate, mentor, evaluate and select adjunct faculty to teach a full range of classes.
• Perform duties described in Board policy, the Faculty Handbook, the Monterey Peninsula College Teachers Association (MPCTA) Contract, and as assigned at the Monterey campus, the Education Center at Marina, and/or other designated locations.
Master's in any biological science;
OR Bachelor's in any biological science AND Master's in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science;
OR The equivalent. (Equivalency Forms (click here) must be submitted for consideration)
• A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
*Note: Graduate students currently working on a Master's degree may apply, with the understanding that the degree must be completed and confirmed by July 1, 2019. Applicants who believe they possess equivalent qualifications may complete an equivalency form and submit it with their application materials for review. The form may be downloaded here:Equivalency documents.
1. Undergraduate, graduate and/or post-doctoral level training in physiology.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Demonstrated leadership potential.
1. Demonstrated ability to teach Human Anatomy & Physiology, both lecture and labs, to a varied audience composed primarily of students preparing for Allied Health Careers.
2. Experience with cat anatomy, dissection technique, and human cadaver labs.
3. Demonstrated ability to use a variety of tools for the acquisition and analysis of physiological data, such as iWorx or Biopac Student Lab systems.
4. Ability to teach other courses offered through the Biology Department and/or the Anatomy and Physiology Department.
5. Ability to meet the needs of community college learners with diverse backgrounds and a wide range of skills and goals.
6. Experience with development of college learning outcomes and assessment initiatives.
1. Possess a vision for program development and long-term growth that will enrich the college and the community that it serves.
2. Ability to work collegially with community groups and/or campus organizations.
3. Willingness and ability to work cooperatively with colleagues on matters regarding course offerings, programs, and activities that would promote Human Biology as a field of study.
WORK SCHEDULE / SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
Anticipated Starting Compensation
Initial salary placement is based on the current full-time salary schedule and on verification of education and experience. Starting salary is $54,118 - $73,386 annually. Summer teaching opportunities may be available for additional compensation. In addition to the base salary, the successful candidate may also earn an annual Doctoral stipend of $2,881 or an annual multiple Masters' stipend of $2,043.
Monterey Peninsula College offers excellent employee benefits, ranging from health, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance program (EAP), and long-term disability, provides sick leave and contributes to the CalSTRS retirement plan. Participation in tax deferred plans is available.
Assignment & Anticipated Start Date
The assigned work year is 175.5 days per academic year. The assignment will include 15 teaching load units (TLUs) plus five office hours per week. The selected candidate will participate in campus wide events beginning on August 12, 2019. Semester begins August 16, 2019.
A completed application and supplemental materials must be submitted online by
11:59 p.m. PST Saturday, April 6, 2019. Monterey Peninsula College reserves the right to close, continue, cancel, postpone or restart the recruitment at any time.
To be considered for review, applicants must submit the following application materials online:
1. Complete an Online Application including the Diversity Statement (100 words or more) and Supplemental Questions
2. Comprehensive Cover Letter addressing ALL of the Minimum Qualifications, Desirable Qualifications and your ability to perform the job duties described. (PDF)
3. Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
4. Unofficial Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official copies will be required at the time of hire. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated at the applicant's expense. Click on the following link for a list of agencies with evaluation services. List of Agencies Performing Evaluations of Foreign Transcripts
Only items listed above will be reviewed by the screening committee. Please upload your materials as PDF files and use file names that clearly reflect the contents of each attachment.
To apply for this position, please go to www.mpc.edu/employment and click on the link for "Full Time Faculty and Administrator Positions." Click on the job title for full details about the position. Additionally you will see an "apply" button immediately above the announcement to the right.
You will be required to create a user account. If you already have a user account with another NeoGov employer, you will be able to use your existing account login information. Please complete all the required components of the application including uploading of your transcripts and other required documents.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the Office of Human Resources by calling (831)645-1341.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Human Resources Department
Monterey Peninsula College 831-646-4024 [email protected]
Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by phone approximately 2-3 weeks following the application deadline. Initial interviews are held on campus and tentatively scheduled for May 2nd and/or 3rd, 2019. Travel expenses associated with the initial interview are the sole responsibility of the applicant. Selected finalists will be invited to second interviews with the Superintendent/President and Vice President of Academic Affairs during the week of May 6, 2019. Partial reimbursement for expenses associated with the second interview may be available. Positions are subject to adequate funding and MPC reserves the right to close, continue, cancel, postpone or restart the recruitment at any time.
Conditions of Employment
Employment with Monterey Peninsula College is not complete or official until applicants meet all pre-employment requirements. Prior to employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete the following. All new employees are required to submit official transcripts, Risk Assessment or verification of a negative TB exam, proof of fingerprints taken via Live Scan to the Department of Justice, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Offers of employment are contingent upon Governing Board approval.
The District is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of qualified applicants. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from all persons. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status or protected veteran status.
About the College
Monterey Peninsula College (MPC) is a fully accredited California public community college. With an open admissions policy, the college is known for the excellence of its academic programs and student support services. The college has been recognized as a top military friendly school.
Monterey Peninsula College is located on the beautiful central coast of California, approximately 120 miles south of San Francisco. The cities of Carmel, Del Rey Oaks, Marina, Monterey, Pacific Grove, Sand City, Seaside and the unincorporated areas commonly known as Big Sur, Carmel Valley and Pebble Beach are all served by the district. Monterey Peninsula is known as a world-class destination and the many attractions of the area include an incomparable coastline, numerous state parks, the historical district of Monterey, Monterey Bay Aquarium, and several of the most famous golf courses in the world.
Monterey Peninsula College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation and contact information for the Commission can be found
ACCJC reaffirmed Monterey Peninsula College's accreditation in June 2018. MPC's accreditation evaluation site visit occurred in October 2016. http://www.mpc.edu/about- mpc/campus-information/accreditation
For information about course offerings, please see the Monterey Peninsula College catalog and class schedules:
For a history of the development of the Education Center at Marina: http://www.mpc.edu/academics/campus-centers/education-center-at-marina
For Institutional Research: http://www.mpc.edu/about-mpc/campus- information/institutional-research
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mpc/jobs/2282495/anatomy-and-physiology-instructor-full-time-tenure-track-fall-2019
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency