Nurse Aide Instructor, Part-time (non-credit), Adjunct Faculty Pool
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleNurse Aide Instructor, Part-time (non-credit), Adjunct Faculty PoolRequisition NumberFAC00283General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Corporate Solutions seeks to become the preferred training provider for regional businesses and organizations. We provide non-credit-training and continuing professional education programs for incumbent workers and individuals.
Corporate Solutions is searching for an Adjunct Instructor to teach nurse aide students in the classroom, simulation laboratory, and clinical experiences in our Pennsylvania Department of Education approved NATCEP Program, available for the 2019 calendar year. Applications will remain on file until December 31, 2019.Specific Responsibilities
• Teach the approved nurse aide curriculum.
• Insure the curriculum is current and accurate.
• Review Curriculum at least annually and revise as needed to keep current.
• Assists with resolving student and staff issues.
• Provide remedial assistance to students as needed.
• Participates in on-site review process conducted by PDE.
• Plan, develop, and provide the educational curriculum for the Nurse Aide Training Program to meet federal state requirements.
• Provide leadership in formulating goals and objectives of the Nurse Aide Training Program.
• Remain current in professional practice.Minimum Qualifications
• Candidates must have a minimum of an LPN license without restrictions, and at least two years of experience (with at least one of the years in long-term care).
• Candidates must also have the Pennsylvania Department of Education Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program Teaching-the-Educator (TTE) certificate and the Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) must be acceptable in accordance with P.L. 169 of 1997.Preferred Qualifications
• Current experience as an NATCEP instructor is preferred.
• Registered Nurse, Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree is preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 2 professional training or consulting references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankAdjunctSalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of a LPN license without restrictions?
- * Do you have at least two years of experience (with at least one of the years in long-term care)?
- * Do you have the Pennsylvania Department of Education Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program Teaching-the-Educator (TTE) certificate?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation