Vice President for Facilities
Augusta University seeks a dynamic and highly accomplished individual to serve as its Vice President for Facilities. Located in Augusta, GA, this public research university and medical center is dedicated to training the next generation of innovators, leaders and health care providers.
The Vice President for Facilities provides overall leadership, management, direction, and administration of facilities operations and planning, capital projects, and construction management for the Augusta University and AU Health System, including services related to utilities and energy conservation. The Vice President reports to the Executive Vice President for Operations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Vice President for Facilities will:
- Develop and manage operating and personnel budgets and assigned facilities maintenance projects and programs, including initiating budget requests and justifications in a timely manner.
- Initiate necessary organization-wide policies and procedures, working through the CFO/CAO to facilitate the strategic and tactical objectives of the organization.
- Participate in the overall planning efforts for Augusta University and Augusta Health in response to direction developed through the organization’s strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain, on an ongoing basis, requirements for facility improvements, corrections, upgrades, and new construction.
- Develop and maintain, on an ongoing basis, a facility space planning process under the direction of the CFO/CAO.
- Ability to bring an overarching facilities strategy to Augusta University and Augusta Health and provide a thorough assessment upon arrival.
- Lead the facility management of collegiate and intra-mural sports fields for Augusta University.
- Advise leadership and recommend corrective action plans of the University where issues and concerns related to accreditation, certification, and licensure are present.
- Proactively identify and implement operating costs and energy savings program.
- Have involvement in the Augusta University and Augusta Health Master Planning and be responsible for developing and meeting annual goals and objectives for the Facilities Management Division.
- Consult with leadership on all ADA responsibilities throughout the campus.
- Participate in various committee meetings of Augusta University and Augusta Health as required.
- Assure compliance with all applicable regulatory provisions of state, federal, The Joint Commission and other accrediting or certifying bodies.
- Understand the scope of the institution from a facilities perspective and operate effectively.
- Relationship builder in the state and local offices that relate to Augusta University and Augusta Health.
- Focused on a student-centric environment across the University.
- Ability to work effectively with the USG office.
- Manage subordinate employees in the areas of facilities/physical plant, grounds and building maintenance, mechanical shops, electrical, elevators, the facility services work control center, environmental services, and construction projects.
- Direct the preparation and development of short- and long-term plans and budgets based upon the goals and objectives established for the fiscal year operations.
- Direct the development of appropriate procedures and controls to promote the overall communication management of facility services.
- Conduct, on an ongoing basis, evaluations of subordinates according to the performance management system.
- Responsible for Food and Nutrition and BioMedical Engineering areas.
The ideal candidates will bring professional maturity to the position and documentation of the following skills and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Building Management, Construction Management, or related field.
- MBA or other Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Five (5) years of managerial/supervisory experience in healthcare or higher education facilities management; demonstrated business acumen.
- Experience with higher education and/or healthcare facilities related policy development and administration required; experience in both areas preferred.
- Possess highly developed human relation skills leading to the ability to work well with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to lead through change, supplemented by strong organizational skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with the ability to plan strategically.
- Experience with budget and financial management in an environment of different budget cycles.
- Solid computer literacy and internet skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively and function effectively as part of the Enterprise leadership team.
- Strong task orientation and high level of energy.
- A commitment to diversity and social justice with the ability to create a department which is inclusive and accessible.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills.