Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Graphic Designer Position Number 998886 Department Communications and Marketing Salary Commensurate Job Summary/Description
This position as a member of the creative design team assists with creation of informational and promotional materials, both print and digital, for the university. Works under the supervision of the creative project coordinator to create a variety of visually engaging and effective communications, including advertising, print and digital media that uphold the brand and support the mission of the university.Typical Duties/Job Duties
1. Designs print and digital collateral following specifications and meeting deadlines as requested by the client and prioritized by the creative project coordinator.
2. Must be flexible, enjoy collaboration, be well organized, self-motivated, and have the ability to work on multiple projects with attention to detail.
3. Must have strong communication skills and the ability to develop strong and collaborative working relationships with internal and external clients with the ability to problem solve and provide solutions to challenging designs.
4. Prepares and gathers print files to meet appropriate pre-press requirements. Maintains an accessible digital archive of all work produced. Interacts, if designated by supervisor, with off-campus vendors to specify and purchase print services in accordance with state and university guidelines. Uses web-based project management system to indicate progress and fulfillment of assigned tasks.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrated skill and experience in graphic design.
2. Working knowledge of both digital and offset printing, including pre-press requirements.
3. Computer skills. Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, and Acrobat. Working knowledge of Web content management systems and Microsoft Office. Proficiency with Windows or Mac operating system and peripherals.
4 Time-management skills: ability to multi-task and deal with varying and multiple deadlines. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
5. Agile method: open minded with ability to produce ideas quickly, accept feedback and be prepared for rapid iterations of concepts.Minimum Qualifications
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design or advertising. Minimum three years experience, preferably in higher education.Preferred Qualifications Physical Requirements
Refer to job description.EEO Statement
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Detail Information Posting Number S195P Open Date 03/14/2019 Close Date Desired Start Date 04/01/2019 Review Start Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide contact information for at least three professional references and a link to an online portfolio of previous design work. You may attach the link/work under “Other” document.Required Number of References Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Provide examples of how you handled difficult situations with those you have worked with.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of References