College of Education: Clinical Assistant Professor - Education Administration (111683)
College of Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Department of Education Policy, Organization and Leadership
Clinical Assistant Professor (50%) in Educational Administration
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Department of Education Policy, Organization and Leadership is seeking a half-time Clinical Assistant Professor in Educational Administration, with an anticipated starting date of May 16, 2019. The position is a nine-month, non-tenure-track appointment, with the possibility of summer appointment and annual renewal. This individual will work primarily with the department’s off-campus programs in Chicago and surrounding areas and will join a nationally recognized faculty that prepares educational leaders and scholars dedicated to the understanding and systemic improvement of schools, colleges, and universities.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit https://diversity.illinois.edu/.
Qualifications: Earned doctorate in Educational Administration or a closely related field, preferably from a major research university. Successful principalship experience is required, and successful superintendency experience is preferred. Must hold valid Illinois principal (general administrative) and superintendent licensure and have passed the Illinois teacher evaluation training. Previous graduate teaching experience is preferred.
- Teach courses and supervise field experiences in off-campus cohort locations. Field experience supervision involves students completing Illinois principal and superintendent internship requirements.
- Advise off-campus and online master’s and advanced certificate students.
- Attend Educational Administration program and EPOL departmental meetings and contribute to service responsibilities of the program and department.
- Coordinate off-campus principalship and superintendent cohorts, including locating cohort sites, recruitment, responding to prospective student inquiries, and admissions.
- Provide oversight to administrative licensure for off-campus students, including portfolio evaluations and licensure applications.
- Maintain relationships with local and state professional educator organizations.
Salary: The salary is competitive
Applications: For full consideration, letters of application must be received by March 28, 2019. Please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload one file that contains a cover letter, curriculum vita, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and names and contact information for three references. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date.
For more information please contact: Dr. Anjalé "AJ" Welton, Search Committee Chair, 217-333-0084 or [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Education Category:1-Faculty Title:College of Education: Clinical Assistant Professor - Education Administration (111683) Open Date:03/14/2019 Close Date:03/28/2019 Organization Name:Educ Policy, Orgzn and Leadrshp