Assistant Director, Event and Program Marketing
Job location: Hyde Park Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-14
Department3034124 Bus-Rustandy Center for Social Sect. InnovAbout the UnitThe University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/Job Information
The Assistant Director of Event and Program Marketing is an integral part of the marketing team at the Rustandy Center for Social Sector Innovation. The primary goal of this position is to employ a range of marketing strategies to achieve the center’s goals for events and programs serving Chicago Booth alumni, students, and faculty, as well as social sector practitioners. The Rustandy Center works with organizations of all types: nonprofit, for-profit, and government. The lines separating these institutions are blurring -- with for-profits adopting social missions, and nonprofits recognizing that business skills are needed to scale their efforts. Programs and events will focus on topics like social entrepreneurship, impact investing, nonprofit board governance, and other social impact areas.
- Work with Assistant Director of marketing to execute event and program marketing strategy.
- Implement email marketing plan, including drafting and scheduling emails in Marketo.
- Execute organic and paid social media strategy, related to events and programs.
- Work with Rustandy Center program team and designers to develop on-brand collateral for events and programs.
- Draft event-specific talking points and speeches for Rustandy Center staff.
- Work closely with other departments and international offices on marketing projects, which may require evening or early morning calls.
- Maintain events pages of the Rustandy Center website.
- Work with assistant director to identify content opportunities stemming from events and programs.
- Keep up to date with the latest in global marketing trends, including emerging social media platforms and tools.
- Assist with general marketing activities and administration, as well as some day of event execution.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, concentration in marketing or communications-related area preferred.
- Minimum one year of marketing or related experience required, two years preferred.
- Experience with Hootsuite, Marketo, and CMS systems preferred.
- Previous experience with diverse and geographically dispersed collaborators preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Exceptional oral and written language skills – particularly copywriting and editing required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of email and content marketing tactics required.
- A creative thinker who is able to set and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to take calls in the evening required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.Benefit EligibilityYesPay FrequencyMonthlyPay RangeDepends on QualificationsScheduled Weekly Hours37.5UnionNon-UnionJob is Exempt?YesDrug Test Required?NoDoes this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?NoHealth Screen Required?NoPosting Date2019-03-14-07:00Remove from Posting On or Before2019-09-14-07:00Posting Statement:The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.