Planning and Policy Analysis - 350223
The Office of Financial Resources, Assurance & Policy Analysis is a team of diverse financial professionals who provide insight and guidance for effective budget management, as well as being good stewards of resource allocation and utilization.
The Office of Financial Resources, Assurance & Policy Analysis is comprised of several major units including Budget, Financial Planning & Policy Analysis, Financial Assurance and Financial Systems. Collectively, these offices support the institutional community through five core services. Through these services, the Office helps to ensure the institution's financial strength and preparedness for current and future economic events.
The Office of Financial Resources, Assurance & Policy Analysis Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Financial Associate to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Analyzes and makes recommendations on financial policies, procedures and processes.
* Responsible for coordinating, processing, tracking and reporting on contracts and related payments.
* Provide accurate and timely communications verifying payment data using department reports and researching system of record data base.
* Effectively process, track, and report payments using PeopleSoft (EIS), MicroSoft Office, and other database software applications.
* Research and prepare written correspondence to inquiries from internal departments, and contract providers regarding payments and financial information requests.
* Assist the department with contract administration and auditing, duties as well as other department initiatives and special projects as assigned.
* Evaluates and seeks ways to improve customer service.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Consistently produces thorough and timely work.
* Very attentive to details.
* Asks questions to accurately document information and update records.
* Shows concern for every aspect of the job.
* Ensures excellent communication and follow-up.
* Experience in academic health science center or higher education setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled