Financial Analyst, Accounting
Financial Analyst, Accounting
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 4/1/2019
The Accounting Department for the West Valley-Mission Community College District is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Financial Analyst.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to perform professional work related to the development, analysis, and maintenance of community college district budgets; to prepare a variety of reports related to the budget process; and to provide district managers with professional expertise and assistance with the budget process.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of May 13, 2019. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Finance department, West Valley-Mission Community College District offices, located on the West Valley College campus, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $6,665-$7,300 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 73, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible financial record keeping or budget tracking experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze, develop, and administer budgets; track and analyze legislation impacting budget practices and procedures.
- Prepare, analyze, and review budget and expense transfers.
- Prepare periodic budget summaries, special reports, and technical documents as required.
- Provide professional expertise to other district staff regarding budget preparation and processes.
- Assist with administration of budget related processes and functions including audits, position control and grant reports.
- Utilize specialized financial databases and/or software systems; coordinate with district information technology staff to test and modify systems as appropriate.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency