Associate CIO of Infrastructure and Enterprise Systems
Position DetailsPosition Information Posting Number NC1353P Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/32901 Working Title Associate CIO of Infrastructure and Enterprise Systems Position Number 15032 Department University Information Technology Serv About the University
Founded in 1871, the University of Arkansas is a land grant institution, classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the nation’s top 2 percent of universities with the highest level of research activity. The University of Arkansas works to advance Arkansas and build a better world through education, research and outreach by providing transformational opportunities and skills, promoting an inclusive and diverse culture and climate, and nurturing creativity, discovery and the spread of new ideas and innovations. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,600 students with 200+ academic programs. U of A students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent all 50 states and 120 countries.
The University of Arkansas campus is located in Fayetteville, a welcoming community ranked as one of the best places to live in the U.S. The growing region surrounding Fayetteville is home to numerous Fortune 500 companies and one of the nation’s strongest economies. Northwest Arkansas is also quickly gaining a national reputation for its focus on the arts and overall quality of life. Arkansas is a natural wonder of forests, mountains and lakes framed by picturesque rivers and streams. Some of the best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are a short drive from campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.About the College/Department
IT Services provides central information technology support for the University of Arkansas, supporting a user base of over 30,000 faculty, staff and student users. With over one hundred-fifty fulltime employees and a budget that exceeds $23 million, IT Services provides technical resources and services to support university users in teaching, learning and working smarter, faster, and safer. IT Services is platform diagnostic, supporting Mac and Windows on the desktop, Windows and Linux server environments, and both enterprise and opensource systems and software.Department Home Page its.uark.edu Job Type Administrator Summary of Job Duties
The Associate CIO of Infrastructure and Enterprise Systems serves as a member of the CIO leadership team and reports directly to the CIO. The duties for this position include the following: develops and coordinates comprehensive technical and operational plans which incorporates the goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the university and IT; oversees the design, development, deployment and management of technology solutions and services; ensures consistent and reliable applications, infrastructure, systems and services; ensures that systems are scalable to meet the growing needs of the university; identifies and implements new solutions; contributes to the overall IT architecture; in collaboration with the CIO and IT management, oversees the prioritization and management of a portfolio of complex programs and projects spanning the entire campus using best practices and maintaining effective communication with project sponsors and key stakeholders as needed; evaluates and assesses current technology and operations to guide future decisions with a focus on continuous improvement, quality of service and emerging and innovative technologies for a higher education environment; assists the CIO with facilitating an IT governance strategy that ensures communications and transparency of IT project initiatives and university resources; leads, influences, and manages a staff of IT professionals in maintaining systems and related infrastructures, and coordinates the design, build, and integration of new application solutions; ensures efficiency and best-in-class service delivery in managing day-to-day operations. Areas of responsibility for this position include Network Services, Systems Administration, Enterprise Applications teams, and associated teams.Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- At least 10 years of IT experience with progressive levels of responsibility
- At least five years of IT leadership/management experience
- Demonstrated IT budget management responsibilities
- Proven experience in the successful delivery of complex IT projects along with evidence of direct responsibility for strategic planning, organizational development, client and infrastructure support and fiscal and personnel management
- Graduate degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, business, or a related field
- More than three years of middle to senior level operations experience in at least one area of responsibility: Enterprise systems, networking systems, data systems, Microsoft systems, VM
- Experience with leveraging cloud environment and tools to support infrastructure needs
- Evidence of experience solving complex problems that require a comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, applications, cloud integration, systems engineering, networking, and infrastructure
- Experience developing, documenting, and maintaining disaster recovery plans, business continuity plans, and standard operating procedures
- Evidence of experience in strategic planning and advanced leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply best practices in project management and timely deliverables
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills such as in collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience leading teams that deliver technology solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience communicating proactively with team members and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to have a clear understanding of effectively implementing strategic objectives
- Ability to understand data center, network, and enterprise application services and technology
- Ability to develop requests for and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology
- Ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel to clientele in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed systems
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources and to develop and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology
- Ability to effectively manage vendor selection and negotiations to ensure the best value for the University
- Ability to foster, encourage, and work in a team environment
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with clients, faculty, students, team members, and peers across the institution
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage resources
- Ability to understand and accept best practices in project management
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Repetitive motion
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.Posting Detail Information Future Open Date Close Date 04/14/2019 Open Until Filled No Anticipated Start Date Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments) Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A’s employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.Special Instructions Summary Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701. EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.Internal Posting No Work Location Fayetteville, AR Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status