Associate Chief Information Officer
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Type EHRA Staff Title Associate Chief Information Officer Position Number 005069 Recruitment Range $82,000-$90,232 Work Schedule and Hours
Typical hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some work on evening and weekends may be required to meet the needs of the department and the University.Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time Months per Year 12 Months Position Summary
Reporting to the CIO, the Associate CIO provides project management skills and technical leadership within the IT department. This position is primarily responsible for project management within ITS, for both internal- and external-facing projects, and serves as ITS’ project management contact to external departments and groups.
The Associate CIO provides technical leadership through collaboration with the CIO and IT Leadership Team in determining and assessing the most effective technical options and solutions to various challenges. The Associate CIO works closely with the IT Leadership Team in coordinating efforts and resources between ITS functional groups in order to reach project and team goals.
In the CIO’s absence, the Associate CIO provides leadership in consultation with the IT Leadership Team and reporting continuity outside of ITS.FLSA Exempt Required Education/Experience/Skills
This position requires possession of post baccalaureate credentials. A Bachelor’s degree and equivalent independent experience may also be considered.Preferred Education/Experience/Skills
Master’s degree in MIS, computer science, or project management. Significant experience with the Ellucian SIS/ERP system. Experience managing IT staff in a higher education setting. Strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in project planning, implementation, and management.
- Knowledge and experience with the Ellucian SIS/ERP system, Active Directory, Google Apps, VMware, and web technologies.
- Familiarity with current web programming/development skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to research and assess technical options for both internal and external projects.
- Ability to work with technical staff to create effective documentation for SOPs and disaster recovery operations.
- Ability to work independently and reliably to ensure projects meet time and resource constraints.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
Applications must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date for each specific position. Please note that any documents submitted to Human Resources or the hiring departments become property of UNC Asheville and will not be returned.
Official verification from each college/university you have attended are required upon employment, and will be requested directly from the college/university by Human Resources or from the National Student Clearinghouse. Any expense will be the responsibility of the employee. Educational degrees must be from an appropriately accredited institution.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training and experience requirements, management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
It is the policy of UNC Asheville to conduct pre-employment background investigations on all candidates selected for employment. If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice.Posting Number E0163 Posting date 03/13/2019 Closing date 04/14/2019 Open Until Filled No Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- UNC Asheville website
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Job Target
- Local Jobs
- NC Works Online (formerly Employment Security)
- UNC System website (northcarolina.edu)
- The Urban News
- Western North Carolina Diversity Engagement Coalition
- * What is the highest degree you currently hold?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Doctoral or equivalent or higher
- * Do you now, or have you worked with Ellucian software (i.e. Banner, Degree Works) in a higher education institution?
- * Do you have supervisory or managerial experience?
- Cover Letter
- Other Documents