Financial Administrator III (Post-Award) (3 openings)
DescriptionJob Purpose: Perform advanced financial records maintenance and report preparation and reconciliation within the business area of an academic/research unit or non-academic department. Coordinate those activities with other campus units. Work may involve records, reports and proposals related to funding from various sources, budgeting and accounting. May supervise or provide guidance to other finance/accounting personnel.
- Within an academic/research unit, develop and prepare financial data related to proposals, grants and contracts, general appropriations, endowments and other funds.
- Generate data for use in budget amendments and other budget related reporting.
- Collect, reconcile and audit monthly unit expense transactions.
- Process travel requests to include review for accuracy and appropriate supporting documentation.
- Review and/or process payroll, time documents and personnel action forms.
- Coordinate unit financial related actions with Institute financial units.
- Recommend changes to unit finance/accounting procedure and process as appropriate.
- Provide work related advice and direction to other unit finance/accounting personnel; may also supervise those personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Three to five years of job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of and skill in applying general accounting principles and practices within a university business environment. Additionally required are attention to detail and accuracy and use of office and specialized accounting related computer applications.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Direct experience with grants management for various sponsors (NIH, NSF, DARPA, Dept of Energy, etc.); Experience with cost share and salary CAP cost share; Experience in a university setting; Experience in an academic research environment
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Understanding/working knowledge of allowable and unallowable costs for various sponsors as listed above; Working knowledge related to support for research faculty and research groups; Excellent organizational and communication skills; Excellent customer service
Please include a cover letter that addresses your post-award grants management experience. These positions operates in a multidisciplinary, shared services environment and support cross-functions teams from different colleges within the Institute. Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: assigned multidisciplinary faculty and corresponding research group(s), staff (EBB and Schools), and unit management. This position typically will advise and counsel: Faculty, staff, and students. This position will supervise: N/A.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Executive VP of Research
Job Posting: Mar 13, 2019, 12:43:10 PM