Library Media Resources Coordinator
Library Media Resources Coordinator
Mar 13, 2019
The Visual and Multimedia Resources Department (VMR) of the Pratt Institute Libraries is responsible for circulating audiovisual equipment and media, including laptops, projectors, video and still cameras, light kits, DVDs, VHS tapes, and 16mm films, as well as the maintenance and scheduling technology-equipped classrooms in the library and planning and installing of Library exhibitions and displays. Under moderate supervision and with considerable latitude for independent judgment, the Library Media Resources Coordinator manages all aspects of two service points in the department supervising a team of student assistants and working closely with the AV Technician. The Coordinator also assists with the installation of Library exhibits and the use of Library audiovisual technologies as needed for instructional purposes.
Located on Pratt’s historic 25-acre campus in the culturally diverse neighborhood of Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, the Pratt Institute Libraries recognizes the strength that stems from a diversity of perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, approaches, and experiences. We aspire to continue to grow as a place that always welcomes and encourages individuals of all backgrounds to contribute to and be part of Pratt culture.
- Manage the operation of two active service points; develop and implement access policies and procedures associated with using, lending and reserving videos, films, equipment, and equipped classrooms in the Library.
- Manage the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of student assistants.
- Manage the scheduling, preparation, and upkeep of classrooms and classroom audiovisual technology as used throughout the Libraries for academic and instructional use; coordinating related record keeping as needed.
- Oversee the application of a wide range of technologies in conjunction with Library exhibits and displays, Public Services’ events, and related outreach activities.
- Provide training and support to library patrons and staff on audiovisual technologies in the Library, as needed.
- Work with the Head of Visual and Multimedia Resources to develop ongoing strategies including a schedule for equipment purchases, maintenance, repair and replacement.
- Participate in department and Library-wide committees and planning efforts, as needed.
- Proactively foster a positive environment for diversity and inclusion for all patrons, employees and students in the Library.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field required. Master of Library Science from an accredited institution or related experience, preferred.
Experience: Must have at least two years’ experience managing circulation and providing audio visual services in an academic setting, or equivalent. Significant experience managing full-time, part-time, and/or student staff required. Experience developing policies related to circulation and reservation of audiovisual and computer equipment and related media is preferred. Experience with utilizing a wide range of technologies in conjunction with research exhibits, art installations and other outreach activities is highly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills: Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills and a commitment to public service. Proven ability to learn, implement, and troubleshoot new technologies required. Expertise with Mac OS and Windows platforms and proficiency in presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint, Keynote) highly preferred. Must possess demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups and all levels of campus visitors.
Salary: Low $60's + Benefits
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 3 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct supervisor.