Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Planning & Institutional Research
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- This position supports the short-term and long-term planning activities of the university by analyzing and providing quantitative and qualitative data. Working with Enrollment Management personnel, the senior analyst will be responsible for collecting, synthesizing, analyzing, and reporting quantitative and qualitative data related to enrollment forecasting and assessment of recruitment and retention initiatives. The position has the opportunity support secondary research related to environmental scanning for new programs.
Responsibilities within Institutional Research:
- Extract, analyze, and report data from the university's business intelligence system for external data reporting at the state and national levels as well as to respond to ad hoc requests.
- Assist in the collection of data from a variety of sources; documenting and identifying gaps in data flow; organizing, cleaning and cross-checking data for validation purposes.
- Collaborate with operational departments such as Admissions, Registrar, Human Resources, Financial Assistance, etc. to ensure and maintain data integrity.
- Develop queries and provide analyses to deans, department chairs, administrative directors, and other internal constituents to be used for data informed decision-making and planning.
- Maintain existing Institutional Research data files, pivot tables, and website data.
- Compile and submit state and federally mandated data files and reports.
- Analyze, interpret, and report on data from external data sources including the IPEDS Data Center and National Student Clearinghouse.
- Provide data and analytical support to the University's retention and graduation strategies and initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret data, both from quantitative and qualitative analyses, using accepted statistical methods and qualitative research methods.
- Identify trends including institutional strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities through guided and independent research.
- Create, design, coordinate, and conduct research and statistical studies.
- Develop customer training materials. Conduct customized and standardized training as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities within Enrollment Management:
- Identify and interpret recruitment trends or patterns in historical admissions data sets.
- Model data to help the enrollment management team and President's Cabinet forecast recruitment and enrollment outcomes. This includes but is not limited to predicting the quality of buy lists as well as predicting steps through the enrollment funnel (e.g. inquiry to application, admitted to enrolled, etc.). Interpret prescriptive analytics output and provide enrollment strategy recommendations.
- Develop reports for market research to better assist the academic units in evaluating current programs and support new program proposals.
- Build queries to extract, synthesize, and report on data from various sources, including Banner, TargetX, other University offices, the University data warehouse, as well as external agencies (e.g. IPEDS, WICHE, NSCH, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in social science, statistics, education research, business, information systems or another related field.
- Four (4) years' related experience.
- Additional education will be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirement to include:
- Master's degree and two (2) years' experience or
- Doctoral degree.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate statistical analyses to a non-technical audience.
- Able to analyze and summarize complex research into reports for non-technical end users.
- Able to write simple and/or complex queries from a SQL database in order to extract, prepare, and analyze data for reports.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire for continuous learning through personal or professional development.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to accomplish assigned goals in a timely manner.
- Master's in social science, statistics, education research, business, information systems or another related field.
- Five (5) years' work experience.
- Experience with Oracle and/or Banner.
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS or SAS.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Knowledge of and experience with university external reporting requirements of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and US Department of Education IPEDS.
- Experience with CRM software applications (e.g. TargetX) and Hyland.
- Knowledge of applied statistical analysis.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Senior-Data-Analyst_R-017774-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency